• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ford Truck

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Franklin Twp., DeKalb County, Ind.
    In my search for a Coach Gun, I settled on this exposed hammer Chinese deal.
    I put a good recoil pad on it, an ammo card, sling, and called it good.
    I did love the old school exposed hammers, but it lacked the one thing I wanted most... auto-ejectors.
    Ended up selling it, and continued my search for a Coach Gun with Auto-Ejectors.
    Alas, such a unicorn was not to be found.
    What I did find, however, was a Kawaguchiya Firearms Co LTD Tokyo, Hibiki Model M.
    This was a bird hunting gun with 28" long barrels, but my gunsmith could fix that.
    He did, and he also added the recoil pad my aging shoulder needs so desperately.
    I added the on gun ammo (of course) and I finally have myself the Coach Gun I've always wanted.
    This one... even throws the empties out for me when I crack it open.
    Not sure I'll keep the strap on velcro sleeve I added. I may end up putting velcro for the ammo card directly on the stock as I did for the old gun, but overall I like it more. A lot more. It's lighter too. Swings fast. I bet it was a great bird gun... lol.

Old Coach Gun.
    View attachment 345693

Current Coach Gun.
    View attachment 345694
    For a coach gun, I really prefer the double hammer guns as you can leave them loaded forever with no spring tension.

Dean C.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Westfield
    @Dean C, that's a cool addition. I like how they incorporated the red dot mount into the stock adapter.

AC0zcuH.jpg

It's nice , really forces the red dot to come into your field of view and makes both eyes open shooting easy. I also highly recommend the aluminum tube cover and clamp replacement it's $100 very well spent. Now I can actually attach a light and sling to the forend of the gun. Beretta is silly for not making this a factory feature, and as a side benefit my 1301 is now solid as a rock. Only plastic left is the handguard, pistol grip and trigger guard, it's M4 heavy now.

nipprdog

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Jan 11, 2009
    Tippecanoe county
    My 20ga shockwave is no more. filed a form 1 on July 10th, approved on the 15th. a buddy gave me a wood stock from a 12ga. had a guy cut 2" off the back, and fit and grind a recoil pad. still having problems getting the coat of clear to look good on the stock, but I'll deal with that later. I want to shoot it this weekend. ;) Handles like a dream!

DSC_6625p2w.jpg

here it is with my standard 500 20ga with 18.5 barrel. there ia a little over 6" difference in length

DSC_6627w.jpg

I have a rail and a Romeo 5 red dot I ordered for it that I'll probably put on it.

Brad69

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 16, 2016
    Perry county
    So are you shotgun guy’s coming to the intro to shotgun class ?

You guys have some great shotguns I say it’s time to run them.
    Not only do you get to see if your gear works and meet your
    peers.
    The big plus is you get to hang out with me all day.

It’s in the training page it’s probably not cool to post it here.
    7 slots left.

jmil

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 20, 2013
    Brazil
    Sorry guys not sure what happened I’ll try this again. This is my mossy 500 all dressed up with magpul furniture. I used a heat gun on the forend with a piece of 2” pipe to stretch it out a bit so I could keep my heat shield. I went with a defentac flashing up front to keep a lower profile and cyelee ct2 red dot which surprisingly is holding zero after now approximately 500 rounds

Attachments

• IMG_2087.jpeg
      IMG_2087.jpeg
      1.1 MB · Views: 8

jmil

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 20, 2013
    Brazil
    So are you shotgun guy’s coming to the intro to shotgun class ?

You guys have some great shotguns I say it’s time to run them.
    Not only do you get to see if your gear works and meet your
    peers.
    The big plus is you get to hang out with me all day.

It’s in the training page it’s probably not cool to post it here.
    7 slots left.
    I’m interested but I believe I’m out of town for a weekend birthday trip

JoeSig

Plinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 8, 2024
    DeMotte, IN
    Looks like the Shockwave technologies raptor f1
    Correct. Well worth the money! Only thing about it is the little screw and plastic tab that holds the top to the bottom portion is very weak. Mine broke within a few dozen rounds of 2 3/4 00 buckshot. You can see the screw missing in the picture toward the middle rear of the handguard, lol. Grip tape is holding mine together which I was going to put on anyway. It's a little bit "mad max" looking but it's a lot of fun to shoot. Adding grip tape and using the push pull method while shooting helps.

jmil

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 20, 2013
    Brazil
    This is Sally 40 always by the wood burner at the ready she is a stoeger 20 gauge coach gun currently holding some old #4’s. Twice a year Sally 40 gets to go through the thick brush rabbit hunting. Used abused cleaned once a year and has never let me down in the 18 years we have been together.

Attachments

• IMG_2174.jpeg
      IMG_2174.jpeg
      651.3 KB · Views: 7

Dean C.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Westfield
    IMG_9939.jpeg

It’s done now , I might add a match saver for kicks and giggles but that’s it.

Beretta 1301 Tactical
    Chisel Machine Folding Stock+Shell Caddy
    Magpul K Grip
    Magpul MS1 Sling
    Midwest Industries rail
    GG&G tube cover and clamp + QD mount
    Surefire Scoutlight Mini MLOK
    Holosun 507C

Pistol: Staccato P Surefire X300 Turbo, Leopoldo DPP

Top Bottom