• ...and so much more!
  • teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    Show & Tell:

I bought this shotgun when AGS had their used police trade in sale. I stopped by and picked one out. I actually picked out the worst one in the lot. Most of the ones I saw were barely even scratched. The one I picked out had a wierd green painted on the stock. I had planned on giving it a quick and dirty duracoat spray in the future so the green stock didn't phase me. The stock itself was actually just a little shorter than the other ones so that was a plus in my eyes since these are basically home defense shotguns at this point.

Shortly after buying the shotgun I got as much of the green off the stock as I could. I took everything apart and I doubt the shotgun had 200 or 300 rounds through it. It's a solid piece of equipment. I apologize for the bad cell phone pictures.

The day I bought I took it out back and ran some shells through it. Everything worked 100%.

After green paint was removed:

Duracoated and reassembled:

I'm very satisfied with the shotgun. When it's just a bead front sight without a vent rib or some kind of a rear sight I pretty much with a shotgun. When I've actually got two sights to align then I'm good. I'm happy with the shotgun, now all I have to do is zero it for slugs at 50 yards and call it a day.

Fordtough25

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.1%
    111   1   0
    Apr 14, 2010
    Jefferson County
    Show & Tell:

I bought this shotgun when AGS had their used police trade in sale. I stopped by and picked one out. I actually picked out the worst one in the lot. Most of the ones I saw were barely even scratched. The one I picked out had a wierd green painted on the stock. I had planned on giving it a quick and dirty duracoat spray in the future so the green stock didn't phase me. The stock itself was actually just a little shorter than the other ones so that was a plus in my eyes since these are basically home defense shotguns at this point.

Shortly after buying the shotgun I got as much of the green off the stock as I could. I took everything apart and I doubt the shotgun had 200 or 300 rounds through it. It's a solid piece of equipment. I apologize for the bad cell phone pictures.

The day I bought I took it out back and ran some shells through it. Everything worked 100%.

After green paint was removed:

Duracoated and reassembled:

I'm very satisfied with the shotgun. When it's just a bead front sight without a vent rib or some kind of a rear sight I pretty much with a shotgun. When I've actually got two sights to align then I'm good. I'm happy with the shotgun, now all I have to do is zero it for slugs at 50 yards and call it a day.

Great job, I like it!

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    Thanks, I'm pretty happy with how it turned out. I wanted to try running a 590A1 instead of the 870 or 11-87 that I'm used to and so far I'm really liking it.

Zephri

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 12, 2008
    Indianapolis, Northside.
    Bought this off a friend, It'll pretty much kick off getting back into collecting guns this year.

Mossberg500_zps4ymfh6bt.jpg

Rollerman

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 1, 2012
    Goshen
    Some of my favorite shotguns in my collection. From left to right...Franchi SPAS12, Mossberg 590A1, Mossberg 500A, Ithaca M 87 Featherlight, Belgium Browning A5 & last my Ithaca 900.

10961812_10205848711846184_907615728_n_zpsqbge1y1i.jpg

danielson

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2013
    Napoleon
    Some of my favorite shotguns in my collection. From left to right...Franchi SPAS12, Mossberg 590A1, Mossberg 500A, Ithaca M 87 Featherlight, Belgium Browning A5 & last my Ithaca 900.

10961812_10205848711846184_907615728_n_zpsqbge1y1i.jpg

Tell me you didnt buy that SPAS12 JUST because of that scene in Jurassic Park!!! lol

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    Teddy12b, that is quite a transformation! Love the color of the finished product.

Thanks. There's a lot of blemishes on the gun finish that the picture doesn't show, but for what I wanted and how I'm using it it's perfect. I've been very happy with it so far.

Lebowski

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 6, 2013
    Between corn and soybean fields.
    You guys may hate this... but I'm happy with it. I don't plan on changing anything else on it. This is as 'tacti-cool' as it'll get...

AQdErqC.jpg

kRSjjr5.jpg

aq42sra.jpg

Magpul furniture, Archangel shell holder, snap-on fiber optic sight since that little bead is hard to see and a polymer heatshield.

I've not even had a chance to go shoot it yet as I rarely get to shoot so I'm unsure why I modified my brand new stock 870 but I got bored and wanted to 'update' it. I like it though.

Last edited:

The Ninja

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 14, 2011
    Indianapolis
    158a7he.jpg

Came by an original Winchester 1897 not too long ago. Had it tuned up by Jeff McHenry and got an additional barrel assembly cut down to trench gun length and put on. Haven't had a chance to actually take it out an shoot it yet, but looking forward to doing that sooner rather than later.

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    Came by an original Winchester 1897 not too long ago. Had it tuned up by Jeff McHenry and got an additional barrel assembly cut down to trench gun length and put on. Haven't had a chance to actually take it out an shoot it yet, but looking forward to doing that sooner rather than later.

Just remember to protect your right thumb!

Them bolts Bite! :xmad:

The Ninja

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 14, 2011
    Indianapolis
    Just remember to protect your right thumb!

Them bolts Bite! :xmad:

I know! I got just barely nicked when cycling some snap caps through as a function test, and since then I've tried to be really focused on keeping a proper grip in the right place. I'd rather not experience the full brunt of that bolt.

SmileDocHill

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Westfield
    158a7he.jpg

These are beautiful! I got to shoot one of these years ago at the INGO ww2 shoot. The guy brought one that didn't make you think it was well preserved, rather you thought it was 1943! It was pristine. Myself and the owner didn't realize the slamfire function inherent to them until another onlooker told us about it. Most enjoyable series of shotgun rounds I've ever fired. Keep the trigger held down and BAM BAM BAM BAM as quick as you can shuck the action.

sprague_c

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 17, 2011
    This is my old mossberg 500 with a bullpup unlimited kit and 20" choke tube barrel. Going to use in turkey season this year.

Last edited:

DanVoils

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Feb 20, 2010
    Picked up a double barrel Coach gun last Saturday from Bradis. The second one is what it looks like now and the first one is what it will look like the beginning of September after I get my Form one back! (This is a photo shopped picture of it. Nothing has been cut or altered.) I really like the external hammers.

Attachments

• Coach gun modified.jpg
      Coach gun modified.jpg
      18.8 KB · Views: 18
    • Coach gun.jpg
      Coach gun.jpg
      41.9 KB · Views: 12

Vamptepes

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 20, 2013
    Eagledale
    Picked up a double barrel Coach gun last Saturday from Bradis. The second one is what it looks like now and the first one is what it will look like the beginning of September after I get my Form one back! (This is a photo shopped picture of it. Nothing has been cut or altered.) I really like the external hammers.
    I agree i love the exposed hammers on a sxs shotgun. I want to get one soon and also want to add a lever shotgun to my list sometime also.

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    My three boom sticks.

Top is Winchester 1897

Middle Ithaca 37. My HD shotgun, I chopped the barrel down because it had an ugly adjustable choke, rigged up a light and Hi-Viz sight

Bottom Remington 870 wingmaster

Top Bottom