Shotgun recoil management - Rob Haught (video)

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    That's the technique I used when shooting Big Craig's Serbu... No shoulder stock, of course.

But it worked.

When I re-acquire a shotgun... This'll be what I'll work on!

Steve MI

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2008
    I know!!! And, people PAY to have someone tell them that. Whodathunkit?

Seeing it and doing it and being taught how to do it correct are all different things go figure I guess some are jealous others can make a living at it:rolleyes:

BIX

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 4, 2008
    So...would anyone be interested in taking a class from Rob if he was to be in Indianapolis next year?

I would be very interested in this. The closest he's come in recent years is Ohio, and I considered driving out for that.

kettlebell03

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 12, 2009
    I'm genuinely surprised there isn't more interest at INGO in a Rob Haught Shotgun class in Indy. Rob is considered by many students to be one of the best shotgun instructors around. He has been endorsed by many firearms trainers including Todd Louis Green.

Here is an AAR from m4carbine: AAR Rob Haught March 27Th-28Th Knob Creek Gun Range PICS - M4Carbine.net Forums

This is another AAR from a course held late last year:
    Rob Haught Shotgun AAR - M4Carbine.net Forums

Rob has some unique techniques he brings to the shotgun, such as his "push-pull" method and the CQB technique. Hopefully we will get more interest in this class and get him to Indy!

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US

Wish we could have little guns like this in OUR state... :xmad:

100_1379.jpg

Zoub

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2008
    Northern Edge, WI
    Rob has some unique techniques he brings to the shotgun, such as his "push-pull" method and the CQB technique. Hopefully we will get more interest in this class and get him to Indy!
    I wouldn't call it "his" but he has developed the ability to teach it and in turn market that ability to teach.

One thing that has really surprised me in recent years is seeing how many carbine guys that have trouble with a pump gun. It does seem to center on recoil management.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    One thing that has really surprised me in recent years is seeing how many carbine guys that have trouble with a pump gun. It does seem to center on recoil management.

I'm forever working on the handgun, the carbine is a bit more instinctive to me. The scatter gun is totally foreign to me. I'll be looking you up to get me started with it down the road.

Top Bottom