• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Robgoody6

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 4, 2012
    Greensburg
    I am looking to modify my Remington 870. Already putting EOTech lighted fore arm on it. Looking for recommendations on adjustable butt stocks and any other reasonable suggested mods you may have.:patriot:

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    Mesa Tactical makes a GREAT adjustable stock.

Blackhawk makes an "ok" one.

Either can be had with recoil reduction.

But, as I've been counseled, a properly fitted stock (and forearm) + stance/technique doesn't need recoil reduction.

Whenever I find myself back in possession of an 870, I'll probably go with a short LOP Speedfeed stock.

-J-

GMtoblat

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 9, 2012
    Crane
    adjustable stocks are great if your left handed avoid folding stocks. i put a folding stock on my Mossberg 500 when i fired it it tore up my knuckle pretty good.

releo 37

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 23, 2009
    Sounds like you have the sights covered add a Nordic Comp. mag ext, big head safety, Mesa side saddle and have the stock fitted to you with a good recoil pad

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    I am looking to modify my Remington 870. Already putting EOTech lighted fore arm on it. Looking for recommendations on adjustable butt stocks and any other reasonable suggested mods you may have.:patriot:

What is our intended purpose for said shotgun?

Sounds like you have the sights covered add a Nordic Comp. mag ext, big head safety, Mesa side saddle and have the stock fitted to you with a good recoil pad

In this case EoTech means flashlight, not sights. That being said, I personally don't see much need for anything other than a bead sight unless it is gong to be a deer gun.

Robgoody6

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 4, 2012
    Greensburg
    Mesa Tactical makes a GREAT adjustable stock.

Blackhawk makes an "ok" one.

Either can be had with recoil reduction.

But, as I've been counseled, a properly fitted stock (and forearm) + stance/technique doesn't need recoil reduction.

Whenever I find myself back in possession of an 870, I'll probably go with a short LOP Speedfeed stock.

-J-
    Would you recommend the short speedfeed for a tall person?

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    Would you recommend the short speedfeed for a tall person?

Yes!!

You want to be able to "square up" to your target. The short LOP stock is just about the only way to do this. I'm 6'3 - and the normal factory polymer stocks that Remington puts on their 870s are too long for me to comfortably square up.

lumpagus1

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 14, 2012
    Ossian
    I don't know if you've ever checked out 870's done by Nighthawk Tactical but they have several ideas for things to add to an 870. You can add a Hydraulic Recoil Reducer, a Collaspible Stock, a Vang Comp Big Safety and Barrel Ports, a Side Saddle, Ghost Ring and Front Sight. There are a lot of things you can do to customize your 870. I think a lot of what they offer are valuable additions to an 870.

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    I don't know if you've ever checked out 870's done by Nighthawk Tactical but they have several ideas for things to add to an 870. You can add a Hydraulic Recoil Reducer, a Collaspible Stock, a Vang Comp Big Safety and Barrel Ports, a Side Saddle, Ghost Ring and Front Sight. There are a lot of things you can do to customize your 870. I think a lot of what they offer are valuable additions to an 870.

:spend: :spend: :spend: :D:D:D

DeezArmory

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 17, 2012
    Northern Indiana
    I have to recommend a side saddle as well. I have a TacStar 6 shot side saddle on my Mossberg 590 and love it. I plan on getting one for my Remington 870 as soon as I have the money to spare.

SILVERBACK

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 6, 2012
    MONROVIA
    12'' LOP Hogue stock, velcro side saddle with extra cards from S.O.E., XS BIG DOT if you have bead sights, LOTS OF FULL POWER AMMO AND TRIGGER TIME.

Robgoody6

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 4, 2012
    Greensburg
    Thanks for all the help. Went with Indy Guy's suggestion. Have the short Speedfeed stock, EOtech foregrip w/light, GG&G sling swivel. Feels good will have to fire it this weekend.

Top Bottom