Shotgun availability at local gun stores?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MrBBQ

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2012
    People are busy buying up handguns now. When the supply of them goes, then shotguns will be next. :D

jeez.... just what I didn't need to hear, it may be time to address finding a 500 / 870 :D If that doesn't work out, I think I may try to get ahead of this and speculate a bit and buy some crates of home defense sporks.

VERT

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    Honestly the local WalMart has the best stock locally for common guns like the Mossberg 500 and Remington 870. Plenty of shotguns to go around. The "tactical" guns with shorter barrels seem to be in short supply compared to what I usually see. This may be due to hysteria or due to Christmas. I have also noticed that 18.5" replacement barrels are sold out most places.

77broncoman

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 23, 2012
    Martinsville, IN
    Hmmmm? I was going to start shopping for a tactical 500 or 870 soon and am hoping the shelves wont be bare. Worst case (not the cheaper option) is to buy a stock shotgun and add on tube magazine extension and tactical stock.

ditto

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 3, 2012
    Newburgh
    I think tactical shotguns are starting to thin out. Could be partly due to the holidays, too. When I went looking for a 590 I checked with two LGS and neither could even order me one from their wholesalers. I wasn't going to drive all over hell trying to find one so I ordered it online (and they're diminishing quickly there, too).

arthrimus

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 1, 2012
    Carmel
    I'm seeing shelves loaded with 'em all over the place. They seem to be the only thing in stock lately. Also ammo seems to be equally plentiful everywhere I've looked.

Khazik

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    glad I got me a pardner pump 12ga a while back before all the madness, guess I should stock up on some 00buck and slugs before they're the next .223 shortage.

sparkyfender

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 20, 2008
    Southcentral IN
    Was at Orion yesterday. A customer was asking for a "tactical" shotgun, salesman replied they had very little left in that vein..........

Took a quick tour of the shop; people seemed to be buying handguns. There was a pretty good selection of XDs, Glocks were rather picked over. As were H&Ks. A couple of Beretta 92s. Their snub nose S&W revolvers were almost gone, sort of a surprise. Lots of empty shelf space in the handgun cases, but a great selection of Kimber 1911s, a lot of them were great looking pistols.

I handled two ARs, a Rock River and a DPMS. Don't remember the asking price. The black rifle section in the back of the store was bare. A rack of very beat China SKS on display. Very rough. I am thinking they were marked $358.00?? Lots of hunting long arms, if you want a simple hunting shotgun. NO Saigas.

Perused the ammo shelves. Very little .22. Handgun defensive ammo in most calibers was present, mostly in 20 or 25 round boxes.

Didn't bother to look for magazines.............:(

Slawburger

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 26, 2012
    Almost Southern IN
    HiTek in Sellersburg still had shotguns last week.

Bass Pro in Clarksville has a lot of shotguns (wood stock and "tactical"). No .22 ammo at Bass Pro other than Winchester .22 Magnum. The firearms section was packed with people today but it is a holiday.

Harleyrider_50

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 19, 2010
    So. Indiana
    HiTek in Sellersburg still had shotguns last week.

Bass Pro in Clarksville has a lot of shotguns (wood stock and "tactical"). No .22 ammo at Bass Pro other than Winchester .22 Magnum. The firearms section was packed with people today but it is a holiday.

:yesway:
    Still does......stop'd in yesterday.....was also put'n some Glocks in the case......:cool:

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Michael.
    Top Bottom