• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jballs

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2013
    Actually just the white dot. Anyone else have this happen?
    I'd upload a pic if I can figure it out.

remman

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 10, 2009
    Greenfield
    Happened to me just this past summer. It's apparently a recurring problem. If you call Smith they will off to either have you send it in and put a new site on for free or offer to send you a free replacement so you can install it yourself. The guy I talked to also suggested putting paint in the hole where the white insert. I went with the third option. It was the easiest option for me and I like the way it turned out. I'll see if I can find my thread about the subject and post it up here for you. I personally used some fishing lure paint that I bought at Gander Mountain. Also, welcome to INGO!

jballs

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2013
    Happened to me just this past summer. It's apparently a recurring problem. If you call Smith they will off to either have you send it in and put a new site on for free or offer to send you a free replacement so you can install it yourself. The guy I talked to also suggested putting paint in the hole where the white insert. I went with the third option. It was the easiest option for me and I like the way it turned out. I'll see if I can find my thread about the subject and post it up here for you. I personally used some fishing lure paint that I bought at Gander Mountain. Also, welcome to INGO!

thanks! I have some good white paint. Maybe I'll try it, or maybe I'll just go ahead and get the night sights I want. :):

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    Shot the front sight off your gun?

What other gun did you use? Is this a habit, or just a spur of the moment decision kind of thing? :D

GI JOE

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 20, 2009
    Indianapolis

I've got a few that S&W sent me when my front sight tip was walking. I'll gladly send you one if you PM me your address. Might need a little lock tight FYI?

Bartman

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    I have an M&P pro with the fiber optic sight. I shot the rod out of the front sight at the range one day. I have plenty of spares now!

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    I busted 2 tritium vials when I first got my M&P. Smith replaced them no questions asked, but I still switched to i-dots after the second one broke.

jgreiner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 13, 2011
    Lafayette, IN

Yep, but mine wasn't a white dot, it was a green fiber optic rod. The rods commonly break, the good news is, you can replace them in about 2 minutes. (I made a FO rod repair kit)

The white dots on front sights seem to be an issue. Cheap solution is paint. Might consider night sights, if this is your carry gun.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Michael.
    Top Bottom