• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jballs

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2013
    Actually just the white dot. Anyone else have this happen?
    I'd upload a pic if I can figure it out.

remman

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 10, 2009
    Greenfield
    Happened to me just this past summer. It's apparently a recurring problem. If you call Smith they will off to either have you send it in and put a new site on for free or offer to send you a free replacement so you can install it yourself. The guy I talked to also suggested putting paint in the hole where the white insert. I went with the third option. It was the easiest option for me and I like the way it turned out. I'll see if I can find my thread about the subject and post it up here for you. I personally used some fishing lure paint that I bought at Gander Mountain. Also, welcome to INGO!

jballs

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2013
    Happened to me just this past summer. It's apparently a recurring problem. If you call Smith they will off to either have you send it in and put a new site on for free or offer to send you a free replacement so you can install it yourself. The guy I talked to also suggested putting paint in the hole where the white insert. I went with the third option. It was the easiest option for me and I like the way it turned out. I'll see if I can find my thread about the subject and post it up here for you. I personally used some fishing lure paint that I bought at Gander Mountain. Also, welcome to INGO!

thanks! I have some good white paint. Maybe I'll try it, or maybe I'll just go ahead and get the night sights I want. :):

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    Shot the front sight off your gun?

What other gun did you use? Is this a habit, or just a spur of the moment decision kind of thing? :D

GI JOE

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 20, 2009
    Indianapolis

I've got a few that S&W sent me when my front sight tip was walking. I'll gladly send you one if you PM me your address. Might need a little lock tight FYI?

Bartman

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    I have an M&P pro with the fiber optic sight. I shot the rod out of the front sight at the range one day. I have plenty of spares now!

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    I busted 2 tritium vials when I first got my M&P. Smith replaced them no questions asked, but I still switched to i-dots after the second one broke.

jgreiner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 13, 2011
    Lafayette, IN

Yep, but mine wasn't a white dot, it was a green fiber optic rod. The rods commonly break, the good news is, you can replace them in about 2 minutes. (I made a FO rod repair kit)

The white dots on front sights seem to be an issue. Cheap solution is paint. Might consider night sights, if this is your carry gun.

Top Bottom