• ...and so much more!
  • SEIndSAM

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    May 14, 2011
    Ripley County
    I see in the registration for this event, it's not open to the general public. Any INGO members out there attending that can get a great guy (well usually) a pass? I would pay any applicable fees or costs associated with the pass.

Thanks SAM

blkrifle

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 28, 2010
    terre haute
    SHOT is a trade show for the firearms industry. some one with a FFL could make you their "employee" there are press passes but not sure what it takes to qualify for that

Booya

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Aug 26, 2010
    Fort Fun
    I'll FaceTime with you from the floor?! ;)

it's getting a bit trickier these days to get in also. The registration is now an "application" submitted for review before approval with a document upload section. I've seen guys at badge registration get asked for paycheck stubs before (2-3 years ago). They had them and seemed pretty aware that they would be asked for them (they'll call prior to approving the application if they have questions), but I was still shocked.

ZbornacSVT

Owner at Bobcat Armament
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 15, 2009
    Shelbyville
    I've found that one your company/first applicant is approved, everything else you submit is automatically approved.

ZbornacSVT

Owner at Bobcat Armament
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 15, 2009
    Shelbyville
    shot2015_zps072cd025.png

42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in

I would be absolutely shocked if he found someone to get him in, or got himself qualified in 4 weeks.

Do you have extra pass's laying around? Do you want to generate pay stubs for him? Shot show tickets are not like gun show tickets. Unless your experience is a whole lot different than mine.

@Sam, you know Im not trying to rain on your parade, Im just being as honest as I know how to be.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    I can't make it this year. Every few is good enough for me, I tend to cause myself various types of injury when I make that pilgrimage.

Booya

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Aug 26, 2010
    Fort Fun
    I can't make it this year. Every few is good enough for me, I tend to cause myself various types of injury when I make that pilgrimage.

We were lucky to escape without injury last year! We did the BeyondShot party 3 of 4 nights. One of them ended up killing a bottle of margarita mix with Jim Erwin while trying to convince him there was no booze in it. If Jim Erwin says drink you drink. This all after 2 Svalinn attack dogs went to town on 2 different guys (controlled) in a top floor suite and the Boston PD bagpipes showed up and played for a straight 20 minutes. It was nuts! Met a ton of great people that night!!!!

SEIndSAM

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    May 14, 2011
    Ripley County
    I would be absolutely shocked if he found someone to get him in, or got himself qualified in 4 weeks.

Do you have extra pass's laying around? Do you want to generate pay stubs for him? Shot show tickets are not like gun show tickets. Unless your experience is a whole lot different than mine.

@Sam, you know Im not trying to rain on your parade, Im just being as honest as I know how to be.

Thanks for the heads up Alan. I didn't realize it's like trying to get a security clearance or anything. I'm going to be in town for another trade show at the same time and thought it would be interesting. I have been in sales for 25 years and have worked hundreds of trade shows. Just thought walking around Shot would be interesting. Oh well.

Yellowshoot

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Dec 6, 2014
    Indianapolis
    Thanks for the heads up Alan. I didn't realize it's like trying to get a security clearance or anything. I'm going to be in town for another trade show at the same time and thought it would be interesting. I have been in sales for 25 years and have worked hundreds of trade shows. Just thought walking around Shot would be interesting. Oh well.
    ooooooooh yea I wanna go to the OTHER trade show too!

curraheeguns

Master
    Rating - 100%
    78   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    NW Hendricks County
    I agree with Kimbell. Once a dealer signs up their is no "checking" up on the other employees they buy tickets for. I have taken people that were "guests" that never worked for me.

Good or bad, in reality it's pretty easy to get in the show. They don't even check your credentials very well at the door (like most trade shows) so it would also be easy to walk in with someone else's credentials.

The "no photos" is enforced even less. It's easier to take pics at SHOT then at the Indy 1500.

cschwanz

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 5, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    I got in a couple years ago on a guest pass of some kind. Maybe I was actually listed as "buyer", can't remember. I didn't do the paperwork so I'm not sure what it entailed but I think its pretty easy (from the company's side). We didn't have a booth, just wandered the floor. Last year and this year I'm going to work the actual booth for work, so its a non-issue.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Michael.
    Top Bottom