• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BIGnTall83

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 26, 2013
    Auburn, Indiana
    Yesterday I was fortunate enough to find 2 525rd boxes of Remington Golden Bullets at the Dunham's in Auburn. After work I was bored and decided to put the rounds in the CCI MiniMag boxes my son saved, after loading all of the empty CCI boxes with the GBs I realized I only had 999 rds. I realize that it is only a loss of ~ $2 worth of bullets. Has anyone had this issue before? They were brand new, I was there when the guy behind the counter opened the case that had just been received so I know he didn't have time to "skim" any rounds from the bulk packs.

rockhopper46038

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    May 4, 2010
    Fishers
    Modern manufacturing equipment (I would have added "measuring, but that's too much alliteration) would NOT miscount by that much, unless it were out of adjustment. Might well be worth a call to Remington with the lot number from the box - it's very possible you might score yourself a couple replacement boxes, as they may well know that a certain time period on the manufacturing line was running with an out of adjustment weigh counter.

BIGnTall83

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 26, 2013
    Auburn, Indiana
    Ill have to check to see if my son took the trash out..... if not the packs w/ any lot info is gone and I'm SOL. Was just sitting here at work and thought about making a thread because I had all but wrote it off. If the packs are still accessable I will call first thing Monday morning.

Hank in Indiana

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 27, 2009
    South Central In
    Give them a call. I ordered some bulk bullets from Cabelas once that every bag was broken open. I counted and found that I was 11 short. At 50 cents apiece I was angry. They sent me a free bag of 50 for my loss and aggravation.

BIGnTall83

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 26, 2013
    Auburn, Indiana
    Well finally got my wife to pick up the phone, my son did what he was suppose to and take the trash out and the trash was picked up today instead of yesterday due to Independence day, so I have no Lot info or upc..... so never mind and thanks for the input lol.

shawnba67

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 6, 2012
    So Indiana
    I had some remmington component bullets come up short by a couple once was working on my play for the call to customer service, then next bag was a few heavy so had a beer and went to bed. Ill bet there has never once been a pack that had 525 in it though.

tgmorris99

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 17, 2011
    Westfield
    I bought a 1000 round case of Federal .223 from Brownells last year when it was still .30/round. When I loaded it onto stripper clips I discovered it was short 4 rounds so I called and got a credit for the shortage. According to the CSR I spoke with the packs were loaded by Brownells and not Federal.

Top Bottom