• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • LeeStreet

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 26, 2009
    South of Steuben Co.
    LOS ANGELES (May 18) -- File this under: Things not to do at a gun range.

A man who was checking his firearms at a store's indoor shooting range in the suburban city of Rancho Cucamonga, Calif., pulled the trigger on what he thought was an empty .45 caliber handgun -- and wounded a woman shopping some 100 feet away, authorities said,

The unidentified 52-year-old man was checking in six handguns Sunday afternoon at the front counter of Bass Pro Shop when he realized the hammer on one of the guns was cocked, sheriff's spokeswoman Jodi Miller told the Los Angeles Times. The magazine had been removed from the gun and, thinking the gun was unloaded, the man pulled the trigger to release the hammer.

But there was still a round in the gun and it fired, the bullet creasing the buttocks of woman shopper.

She was treated at a local hospital for minor injuries. Authorities were treating the incident as an accident and said charges were unlikely.

"The store has very specific guidelines to ensure safety," Miller said. They include locking weapons until the range master unlocks them at the indoor shooting range.

"This particular time there was an accidental discharge," she added.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    :dunno:
    Maybe it's becuase I'm still new to the world of carry but every time I pick up a firearm I always have some "fear" and "respect" knowing that it's loaded PERIOD. Even after I have checked, double checked, re-re-checked to make sure it is empty.
    I just don't understand how some can have AD?

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    "The store has very specific guidelines to ensure safety," Miller said. They include locking weapons until the range master unlocks them at the indoor shooting range.

I have a better guideline. How about: "Keep it holstered". Any time you clear leather, you're risking an ND. Why make them check firearms at all? Or, if you absolutely insist, why not have a sand barrel or something?

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    I think the amount of the settlement for her injured cheek, should depend on the size. The larger they are, the less she should receive, because of the larger target.

:laugh: that could be a BIG PAYDAY then.

dit de dit de dit .... this NEWS just IN!!!!!!! President Obama has volunteered to head up a presidential and congressional committee to go and inspect the booty!!!! on the flight there they will buz chicago with air force one and create mass panic so that they are reminded of the reality of terrorism and sign over the rest of their rights!!! dit dit dit dit ...... end of broadcast

"My fellow Americans, it is now safe to go back to your daily lives!! The BOOTY WAS SMALL, BUT GOOD. Because of its small size in nature, the payout will be small enough that the federal government will not have to turn your power off this week. carry on..... your PREZ hussein .... fist bump"
    2ex0sb5.jpg

Lex Concord

Not so well-known member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Dec 4, 2008
    Morgan County
    :laugh: that could be a BIG PAYDAY then.

dit de dit de dit .... this NEWS just IN!!!!!!! President Obama has volunteered to head up a presidential and congressional committee to go and inspect the booty!!!! on the flight there they will buz chicago with air force one and create mass panic so that they are reminded of the reality of terrorism and sign over the rest of their rights!!! dit dit dit dit ...... end of broadcast

...well, I wasn't going to go there, but since this thread already has...

The article says the bullet "creased" her buttocks. In all likelihood, that would be a lateral crease...since she already has a vertical crease from birth, does this mean she now has "hot cross buns"?

SSGSAD

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    Town of 900 miles
    LOS ANGELES (May 18) -- File this under: Things not to do at a gun range.

A man who was checking his firearms at a store's indoor shooting range in the suburban city of Rancho Cucamonga, Calif., pulled the trigger on what he thought was an empty .45 caliber handgun -- and wounded a woman shopping some 100 feet away, authorities said,

The unidentified 52-year-old man was checking in six handguns Sunday afternoon at the front counter of Bass Pro Shop when he realized the hammer on one of the guns was cocked, sheriff's spokeswoman Jodi Miller told the Los Angeles Times. The magazine had been removed from the gun and, thinking the gun was unloaded, the man pulled the trigger to release the hammer.

But there was still a round in the gun and it fired, the bullet creasing the buttocks of woman shopper.

She was treated at a local hospital for minor injuries. Authorities were treating the incident as an accident and said charges were unlikely.

I know, someone, will disagree, but isn't that is what it is all about... THAT is what I LOVE about my S&W, magazine drop, no can fire... must manually open slide, and LOOK, with both eyes...:twocents:

mhs

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 25, 2009
    I know, someone, will disagree, but isn't that is what it is all about... THAT is what I LOVE about my S&W, magazine drop, no can fire... must manually open slide, and LOOK, with both eyes...:twocents:

If you're incompetent enough to need a mag safety, you should get some training. If you're trained well they aren't needed, and can be a hindrance.

AFA1CY

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    In that Field that is Green
    :dunno:
    Maybe it's becuase I'm still new to the world of carry but every time I pick up a firearm I always have some "fear" and "respect" knowing that it's loaded PERIOD. Even after I have checked, double checked, re-re-checked to make sure it is empty.
    I just don't understand how some can have AD?
    I have carried for 25+ years. I still do all of the above. Don't ever get complacent handling firearms.

Colt556

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Avon
    That would suck! Minding you own business and get shot in the booty.

It's Kalifornia, she's probably taken plenty of shots to the booty! :laugh:

Anyway I've been handling guns for 40yrs and have had 2 ADs. Both many years ago and both turned out safely. Nothing was damaged other then my pride. I treat EVERY gun as loaded until I'm positive that it's not.

Top Bottom