• ...and so much more!
  • cubby

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 5, 2008
    LaGrange, IN
    WOW!

that is the only way to describe 2013 so far! so many thing have been happening, and just keep falling into place! i greatly appreciate the support, kind words, and general moral boost from my fellow INGO folks!

things are so busy, i have a hard time keeping everything in perspective. being a husband and father of three, with a full time job, a budding hobby which i love, and various other projects/hopes/dreams makes for a full life! here is a brief run down of what i am working on, what is in store, and what is a little further down the road!

first and foremost:

the PACK Project. this has been everything i have DREAMED it would be!!!! and i am proud to say that EVERY knife has been commited to INGO in one way or another. either a member or a vendor! between the guys who scooped up their own personal version, US Defense Solutions, and Profire Arms, all of the CPM M4 PACKs will have fantastic homes to go to! THANK YOU EVERYONE! i fully expect to have them ALL done by the second week in June.

the next run of PACKs is still undecided. three big contenders are: CPM 3V (the original, intended steel), Bohler N690, or Elmax.

vendors. i have two vendors on INGO. US Defense Solutions and Profire Arms. both INGO advertisers and great shops. USDS has stuff in stock. PFA will be getting items soon. this country was founded on men and women who supported each other, not some nameless box store that mass ships everything. i prefer to deal with friends.

the Grind In 2013. date is September 14-15. i may be out of town the week before, for training for my FULL TIME job, but it is still a GO. its gonna be awesome, and i look forward to it! i have a count down board in the shop to the day! i hope to introduce alot of people to a fantastic and rewarding hobby! feel free to chime into the grind in thread, which i will link in the next post.

BLADE show 2013. my wife and i had been planning to attend blade. life being what it is, the wheels completely feel off of that. we had cancelled and resigned ourselves to the fact that we would be unable to go. i had let it go, and began to hit the shop with a force, when some things began to happen. one of my best pals called me and gave me one of the biggest Dad talks ever. "if you want this (being a top teir knifemaker), you have to be inspired. you have to see what you cant see on the internet. you have to feel what you cant feel in a picture. met the men and woman who have paved the way, doing exactly what WE do. you have to be part of something larger." after our coversation, i have been at an emotional block. i have decided, just this morning, that i am going to blade show. i will be getting there Thursday and arriving home on Sunday. the inspiration i drew from the men and women there will make my work so much better and be more valuable to my friends and customers than a year of all nighters in the shop. i am investing that time into me and my craft. in a better Knifemaker and product.

the downside is i will be out of the shop for that four days. all projects are still rolling, but that 4 days will be offline. up until time to leave, i WILL be in the shop busting my butt, making things happen. mainly PACKs and vendor orders (and staring at Grunts Chopper like its chocolate).

which leads me into things to come.

Collaborations.

i won't go into details. but a main reason for the BLADE trip is also to put into motion collaborations with makers who are much, much better than i am. to put myself into a situation where i WILL be challenged to create pieces that are completely next level for me. things i would have never dreamed to build, without the push of those who have supported me from day one. men like Joe Brum and Mick Strider.

2013 will continue to be a tidal wave of awesome. i appreciate EVERYONE who supports me. if you have ever purchased a Cassel knife, given me feedback, pm'd me, called, texted, made a comment (positive or negative!) on my work... or my life... of anything for that matter... thank you! i sincerely hope you understand how much it means to be able to do what i love, and make others satisfied with the whole ordeal.

i am proud to have many, many friends on INGO, and i want to say again, if i can ever do anything for any of you, please contact me. i will do everything in my power to help, no matter what the need. the world is built on good will and friendship.

have a great day!
    joe

cubby

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 5, 2008
    LaGrange, IN
    i forgot to talk about the film crew i had here, two days ago! filmed me in the shop and working on a bunch of INGO stuff. when the documentary releases (later this year) i will post a link. and the guys are pitching a series to the Discovery Channel when complete.... Handmade Craftsmen. whoot!!!

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN
    i forgot to talk about the film crew i had here, two days ago! filmed me in the shop and working on a bunch of INGO stuff. when the documentary releases (later this year) i will post a link. and the guys are pitching a series to the Discovery Channel when complete.... Handmade Craftsmen. whoot!!!

Sweet! I look forward to watching that.

CBR1000rr

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 26, 2011
    In an eastern valley
    This is great news Joe! I love my Pickle. Carry it daily. Cant wait to get that Pack (i havent sent my money yet but should at the end of the month).

I'm kinda excited to hear about the documentary!

Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 16, 2010
    WOW!

the next run of PACKs is still undecided. three big contenders are: CPM 3V (the original, intended steel), Bohler N690, or Elmax.

Congrats on all the success and I can't wait for the next batch of PACKs! Let me know when you are ready for orders. :rockwoot:

Now let me go look up Bohler N690...

Fergy35

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 9, 2008
    NE Corner of our gre
    Congratulations Joe. You have worked very hard to get this far and you certainly deserve it. Couldn't happen to a nicer guy. Can't wait to see the documentary. Oh, and have a good time at blade.

CQB

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Jul 4, 2012
    Central North Forty
    Congrats! Can I please get my PACK autographed before you ship it? You know, before you're completely famous and a bonafied TV star. Can't wait to see pics and hear about the blade show.

Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 16, 2010
    Let's see a pic.

A couple more in the Busse pics thread, but here you go!

IMG-20130528-00112.jpg

Two-Tornadoes

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 31, 2012
    Where everybody knows my name

:rockwoot:

That's what I'm talking about.

Good for you.

I always like to see people that start a business, and work to make it grow,
    do well.

Top Bottom