• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • downrange72

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 3, 2009
    SW Indy/Camby/West Newton
    some of us are just weird and shoot Glocks better... should give it a try :D

I did today...It sucked...hated the trigger, felt like a 2x4 in my hand...It also shot 10" low from 15 yards....for everyone that shot it...I will stick to the M&P. I also owned one for about a month.

I really enjoyed the Kimber though. I just wish they were cheaper and didn't have all that safety stuff on it.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    I keep telling him to focus his energy on technique and accuracy and the speed will come naturally. I also wanted to say that while I don't post much, I do read quite a bit on here and I am always delighted by the information from you (Rhino) and Coach provide. With so much mis-information out there, it it good to see knowlegable people shooting it straight, and sharing what they know. Keep up the good work.

Thanks for the kind words!

I think we may know each other, but I don't place the name yet. I was shooting USPSA and all of the other matches at Coal Creek from about 1995 until we lost the range back to the City of Veedersburg. We definitely know some of the same people via DCF in Cayuga.

rwp5150

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 5, 2010
    Clinton, Indiana
    I did today...It sucked...hated the trigger, felt like a 2x4 in my hand...It also shot 10" low from 15 yards....for everyone that shot it...I will stick to the M&P. I also owned one for about a month.

I really enjoyed the Kimber though. I just wish they were cheaper and didn't have all that safety stuff on it.

Alright, for the record, Mike fired one round from the Glock, I'm not sure that constitutes a fair evaluation, to make a review. I will say, that this Glock did shot unexpectedly low with 165gr FMJ, Winchester white box.

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    Alright, for the record, Mike fired one round from the Glock, I'm not sure that constitutes a fair evaluation, to make a review. I will say, that this Glock did shot unexpectedly low with 165gr FMJ, Winchester white box.

one round... lol.

He must have felt the dark side (like Luke in the cave) and ran! :starwars:

rwp5150

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 5, 2010
    Clinton, Indiana
    Thanks for the kind words!

I think we may know each other, but I don't place the name yet. I was shooting USPSA and all of the other matches at Coal Creek from about 1995 until we lost the range back to the City of Veedersburg. We definitely know some of the same people via DCF in Cayuga.

I believe much the same. I am certain our paths have cross, and I am almost certain we have shot on the same dates at Coal Creek, but for the life of me I can't recall. I have even asked Darrel to jog my memory, and he says "oh yeah, you know him". Hopefully at some point, it will just "click" for both of us. I look forward to shooting with you guys this summer.

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    I've owned one...it didn't last very long...that one round with that trigger and the way it felt was enough to remind me.

oh come on, you put a new trigger in the m&p

at least try one through my g35 with the vanek ;)

heh, I don't blame you. I think the m&p feels better in the hand but I think the recoil in the Glock is softer.

Jack Ryan

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    I've found that I'm pretty consistently hitting to the left of where I'm aiming. Its not the gun, I do it with both my Glocks. Is there a common mistake that tends to put your rounds to the left?

1. consistently hitting to the left of where I'm aiming.

2. with both my Glocks.

3. Is there a common mistake that tends to put your rounds to the left

Seems pretty obvious to me.

May be some 1911 owners could help you out with some advice on this.

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    Seems pretty obvious to me.

May be some 1911 owners could help you out with some advice on this.

I own both.. what are you getting at?

It could be too much or little finger on the trigger, depending on how large or small his hands are.

It could also be the weak hand grip, many people don't have their weak hand aligned correctly, with their thumb in line with the wrist, so that both thumbs are pointing forward.

It could also be that they are over-gripping with their strong hand, instead of letting the weak hand take about 60% of the grip.

Jack Ryan

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    I own both.. what are you getting at?

It could be too much or little finger on the trigger, depending on how large or small his hands are.

It could also be the weak hand grip, many people don't have their weak hand aligned correctly, with their thumb in line with the wrist, so that both thumbs are pointing forward.

It could also be that they are over-gripping with their strong hand, instead of letting the weak hand take about 60% of the grip.

I never thought of that. It all makes sense to me now. I'd heard that is common for Glock owners to do all of that only with their Glocks. I think it's a design flaw in the plastic most likely poor shooting skills ooze from them and are absorbed through the skin. It's been known to cause Glock experts to shoot themselves in the foot during classroom demonstrations when it reaches extreme saturation with Glock poisoning.

lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    I never thought of that. It all makes sense to me now. I'd heard that is common for Glock owners to do all of that only with their Glocks. I think it's a design flaw in the plastic most likely poor shooting skills ooze from them and are absorbed through the skin. It's been known to cause Glock experts to shoot themselves in the foot during classroom demonstrations when it reaches extreme saturation with Glock poisoning.

^^^^
    evidence of an old retired man with nothing better to do.

:D

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    jojo99
    Top Bottom