• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Owen

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 11, 2009
    Fishers
    I've found that I'm pretty consistently hitting to the left of where I'm aiming. Its not the gun, I do it with both my Glocks. Is there a common mistake that tends to put your rounds to the left?

reeseg45

Plinker
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 11, 2010
    twitchy have some one load your gun for you and have them leave the chambered round out you will see what i mean

mongo404

Master
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Sep 18, 2009
    Frankfort
    There is more than one common mistake with this. If you are right handed. you are pushing the trigger to the left when you are firing. common with along trigger pull. takes practice to over come. The other thing that will help or cause this is placement of your weak hand thumb. when you index your pistol to the target where is your weak hand thumb at. The best place is for it to be is on or right in front of the take down lever on the frame. when you apply constant and steady presure there with your thumb you should notice a big difference in where your hits are.

reeseg45

Plinker
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 11, 2010
    twitchy have some one load your gun for you and have them leave the chambered round out you will see what i mean

reeseg45

Plinker
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 11, 2010
    your squeezeing your hand when you pull the trigger squeeze your grip till your hands shake then let up just enough to where you stop shaking. it fixed my a** of that ****

MarlinMan68

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 20, 2010
    Indiana-Michigan State Line
    Its the way you are squeezing the trigger.Try putting a pen or short pencil between your palm and the grip of the gun.After a few mags you will notice a big difference.Repetition and practice with it will be a great attribute towards correct gripping of the gun.You can thank me later when your groups improve.

MarlinMan68

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 20, 2010
    Indiana-Michigan State Line
    Its the way you are squeezing the trigger.Try putting a pen or short pencil between your palm and the grip of the gun.After a few mags you will notice a big difference.Repetition and practice with it will be a great attribute towards correct gripping of the gun.You can thank me later when your groups improve.

U.S. Patriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    Columbus
    You could be placing to much of your finger on the trigger. Try placing the first pad of your finger, in between the tip and the first join on the trigger. Then you can adjust from there. You may also be squeezing too hard with your weak hand. Which can cause the muzzle to move left of center.

beevans

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2011
    Speedway
    I had this same problem when I started shooting. Was able to correct it with less finger on the trigger and not holding so tightly with my dominant hand.

yotewacker

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 25, 2009
    This could be a Glock thing. I own and have shot many Glocks. Every one I have shot has the rear sight pushed all the way to the right. Everyone I know on two police departments have theirs pushed to the right also. I think this a manufacturing error in the way there made, but easily corrected.

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    Another possibility if you wear glasses (like me)

Now that I've all but gotten rid of my "low and left" shooting (hopefully...hah!), I still tend to shoot left.

I've tried less grip pressure...less grip pressure...more trigger finger...less trigger finger...

I've all but decided that it's just the way that I see. Rather, the interaction between my eyes, my glasses, the sights, and the target.

When I'm shooting for accuracy, I may very well not have every shot in the exact center of the target, but all my shots ARE together; just a little to the left.

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    Sounds like lots of us have this same problem! LoveMachine took me out to MCF&G over the weekend, and we both were shooting low-left. We even swapped guns (My XD and his Glock) to see if that mattered. Nope.... Almost exact same. At least we are consistent? :dunno:

Lots of good tips on here. I'll have to experiment next time I'm out.

snapping turtle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    Madison county
    Are you right handed but left eye dominant and holding in your right hand while aiming with your left eye?

First check this: I am left eye dominate and right handed, One of the reason I like the scout scopes well as I now shoot both eyes open at all times with pistol, shotguns, peep sights, ans scout scopes. The regular scopes I still shoot useing the dominate eye.

If your shooting to the left ...Aim a lil to the right. Kentucky windage. I have a fixed sight pistol that i shoot to the left. It is a small grip pistol but if I use kentucky windage the rounds respond well.

686 Shooter

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Feb 20, 2010
    Huntington County
    I trained and shot with a revolver so it was a little easier to dry fire than an auto, just put six snapcaps in and watch the wheel go round and round. I would focus on a fixed object and place my sights on it, I would squeeze the trigger and see where my sights ended up, if it went to the left, caused by too little finger on the trigger and pushing the gun to the left, I would put more finger on the trigger. If my sights ended up to the right, It meant I had too much finger on the trigger and was pulling the gun to the right. Once I was able to squeeze the trigger and consistently hold my sights on the fixed object (hundreds of times), I then went to the range and did the same thing with live ammo. The technic probably saved me thousands of rounds of ammo and improved my scores. The main thing is pratice and try not to correct to many thing at one time. And remember, practice and after you're practiced out, practice some more.

mhs

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 25, 2009
    Practice dry firing while watching your sights very carefully. If your eyes are good and the lighting is good, you should be able to see the front sight vibrate from the striker fall, but not move other than that.

lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    I have the same problem, but also shooting low. I anticipate the shot. And I can't stop looking at the target after I shoot.

Plus I think I'm gripping too hard with my left hand.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    jojo99
    Top Bottom