• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Stephen A. Camp

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 18, 2010
    Texas
    Hello. I shot the pistol again today at a friend's place in the country where he has built his own range. It was windy and we only fired from about 20 yards or so. The pistol fired another flawless 200 rounds of 9mm 124-gr FMJ ammunition. Groups were not nearly as tight as when seated and with wrists braced, and I just wasn't shooting as well today. Since I already had determined (at least to my satisfaction) that the pistol has more than adequate mechanical accuracy, shots were fired standing with a two-hand hold. Groups were generally in the 3 to 4" range and to point-of-aim. My buddy shot it and got a little tighter groups than I did.
    I had purposely not cleaned or lubed the gun's interior since I first shot it and it has reliably handled over 600 shots. Could it make a thousand? Maybe; it still runs "slick as a gut" but I don't particularly care. I normally clean my pistols (traditional steel and walnut or "combat tupperware") after each range session.
    Best.

Wabatuckian

Smith-Sights.com
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 9, 2008
    Wabash
    Well I'll be damned. Mr. Camp, how the hell did you sneak in here with out me seein' ya'? And when did you become a Yank, let alone a Hoosier? :stickpoke:

Might go up top a ways and post an introduction... :rofl:

Josh

P.S. Folks, this is Steve Camp's portrait: :chuck: Just a head's up! :D

BearArms

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 19, 2008
    I have a .40 type f with trijicons. The first 2-3 hundred rounds i had a handful of ftfeeds but it has been flawless since. I <3 my PX4

alexanjl12

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 17, 2010
    Westside Indy
    Hey Josh, thanks for bumping this up. I have been tring to decide between the PX4 Storm and the Springfield XD, so it was nice to see a report on the Storm.

Wabatuckian

Smith-Sights.com
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 9, 2008
    Wabash
    Not a problem! Hipowersandhandguns.com is an awesome read, and the forums linked to it ain't bad, either! ;)

Josh

AutoMovt

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 22, 2010
    Welcome to the forum and thanks for providing us with a very useful and insightful review. I really like and feel PX4 compact, but am waiting for the .40 cal version.

Top Bottom