• ...and so much more!
  • GhostofWinter

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Lake Station-NW Indiana
    I am so very jealous. I'll be honest. Competing has got me all :nailbite:

Furthermore, I don't have anything to compete with. Not that I CAN'T acquire something, I just don't have anything right now.

First of all Byron, you don't need a specific type or 'class' of handgun to shoot a steel match. The suggestions are a gun, a holster, and 3-5 mags if you are shootiing double stack. single stack is pretty much double that. mag holders are nice but NOT required. I shot with my XD and 5 mags (problably needed 50 the way I was shooting, but I digress) but only had one double mag holder. I stored the extra mags in my back pocket. You will see those that shoot USPA that have specialized carry rigs that hold 5+ double stack mags along with a custom speed holster. You will also see those shooting revolvers and either speed loaders or moon clips.

If you want to get into shooting competitions like IDPA or USPSA then yes you have to conform to the 'rules' laid out by the governing body. Personally I would suggest that those that are not comfortable with moving and shooting at the same time to start off with Steel and get your feet wet before moving on to IDPA and USPSA where run and gun is more prevalent. If you have any questions you know you can drop me a line and I will do what I can to answer you.

G

Top Bottom