• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • newguyjosh

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Sep 7, 2009
    Looking for an outdoor pistol/rifle range near Albany/Muncie. Doesn't have to be public as I am willing to join a club if the cost is fair. I'm thinking about farmland conservation club right now but the high first year cost (360$) is kind of holding me back. Does anyone else have any other suggestions in the area? Any comments on farmland?

O'Shark

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 2, 2011
    Ladoga, IN
    Josh, Frank Merry Park north on Black Cemetery Road had a nice 1 bench range. I don't know who to talk to for info though.

Dragon

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 11, 2011
    Muncie, IN
    Monroe Township Conservation Club is a nice range yes, but not one you might want to frequent. As a former member some of the issues I had was a board member constantly interrupting my range time to tell me every rule, constantly, even though I was following them. He would question me about shell casings he found at the range which weren't mine and yet again lecture me as to what the rules were. He would constantly tell me that maybe this range/club wasn't for me and that I should go to Wilbur Wright.

Now as a paying member and contributor of a conservation club, I didn't feel that it was necessary to be treated as such so I didn't renew. They will not return phone calls or emails, so expect to go to meetings at their times in order to accomplish anything.

My purpose for this post? To warn anyone in the Muncie area looking for a good range. I'd rather be harassed by the DNR than some guy who cares more about the membership fees than the members.

newguyjosh

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Sep 7, 2009
    I have heard the same story from multiple people and have experienced it myself when there as a guest.

Monroe Township Conservation Club is a nice range yes, but not one you might want to frequent. As a former member some of the issues I had was a board member constantly interrupting my range time to tell me every rule, constantly, even though I was following them. He would question me about shell casings he found at the range which weren't mine and yet again lecture me as to what the rules were. He would constantly tell me that maybe this range/club wasn't for me and that I should go to Wilbur Wright.

Now as a paying member and contributor of a conservation club, I didn't feel that it was necessary to be treated as such so I didn't renew. They will not return phone calls or emails, so expect to go to meetings at their times in order to accomplish anything.

My purpose for this post? To warn anyone in the Muncie area looking for a good range. I'd rather be harassed by the DNR than some guy who cares more about the membership fees than the members.

DeadeyeChrista'sdad

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Feb 28, 2009
    winchester/farmland
    Frank W. Merry park gun club on Black Cemetery Rd. In delaware county. As much as it's gonna just KILL some of the members of this forum, the park is owned by the GLASS MAKERS UNION members of verallia's dunkirk plant, and the former Indiana Glass employees. 765 369 2578. That's Judy Fuller's number. Last i knew, she was board president, and should be able to direct you to the gun club folks.

Top Bottom