• ...and so much more!
  • Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    I won't go to a public range on the weekend.
    And I won't shoot indoors either.
    Used to do both, but folks have gotten more stoopid (esp the last 10 yrs).
    I dont do either of those as far as public ranges. The stupid is just overwhelmin
    Edit, I'll take that back.
    I will shoot at Bass & Bucks during the week. In 10 years, I've only seen stupid once. And that bright individual was shooting 5.56 tracers at the 100 yd berm and lit the berm between the range and the Apts on fire with a ricochet.

Last edited:

Johnk

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 92.3%
    12   1   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    Mooresville
    I've been going to Atterbury for 15 years. Yeah, I've seen ignorant shooters and I've also seen the RO call stupid people down in no uncertain terms. Some would get upset, others would challenge him. Not a smart thing to do, arguing with the RO. And I have seen that same RO patiently tutor a new shooter.
    I've reported unsafe activity to the RO and he has taken proper remedial action. Don't care what anyone thinks about my actions as it's about my safety first and then the safety of others.

ECS686

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 9, 2017
    Brazil
    I've been going to Atterbury for 15 years. Yeah, I've seen ignorant shooters and I've also seen the RO call stupid people down in no uncertain terms. Some would get upset, others would challenge him. Not a smart thing to do, arguing with the RO. And I have seen that same RO patiently tutor a new shooter.
    I've reported unsafe activity to the RO and he has taken proper remedial action. Don't care what anyone thinks about my actions as it's about my safety first and then the safety of others.
    I get the new shooters and hats off to the RO for being able to shift gears and mentor that ones that want it.

The thing that made me scratch my head when I filled in as RSO between my classes was the blatant ones doing dumb stuff right in front of me. Like dude if you do this right in front of me what the heck do they do when I’m not watching????!!

Of course when what they are doing was just shown on a video of things not to do it’s like that meme of the kid from The Sixth Sense “I see dumb people and they don’t even know they are dumb”

racegunz

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 6, 2015
    Indiana
    I do like the crew at atterbury, if I had to shoot at a public rifle range it would be there. I shoot some skeet occasionally and even then there’s bad gun handling I’ve seen.

dudley0

Nobody Important
    Rating - 100%
    99   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Grant County
    I haven't been to my range but maybe once in the last two years.

I need to get caught up so I can see how they have been spending the funds. By the emails I get they are doing a bang up job. Plus the president is a stand up guy who cares about the club.

Man I need to go.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    I have gone to the private range that I joined this year, twice in the past 2 weeks. I went during the morning hours on a week day. Neither time was anyone else shooting.

as far as abuse, during my orientation, the guy got really ticked off when he found AK steel cases on the pistol caliber only steel plate range.

Johnk

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 92.3%
    12   1   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    Mooresville
    I go to Atterbury but they frown of shooting fast, which i like to do.
    Where does one find and join a private range?
    I tried joining Martinsville Conservation Club but their rules are onerous.

Top Bottom