• ...and so much more!
  • SHEEPdOHdoubleG

Plinker
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 20, 2011
    East Central Indiana
    I know there used to be an indoor shooting range in downtown or possibly the south side of Muncie. I remember something about the 1st Tuesday or Wednesday of the month, stop by and introduce yourself for acceptance..... I was just curious if this range was still open OR if there was any other ranges in Muncie? I am not talking about Wilbur Wright in New Castle... but ACTUALLY IN MUNCIE. I have lived here my whole life, and if there is one, besides the FOP, I have not known about it... maybe some advertising would do them some good! :rockwoot:

Thanks in advance for anyone who knows.

gohard43

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 16, 2010
    Northside Indy
    Yes there is one off of Memorial near Nichols..indoor and private...I'm not a member but it is still there. This is the only one IN Muncie besides FOP that I know of. PM MuncieKat....I sold a pistol to him and he is a member there.

Jubba

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2010
    WAL-MART
    Muncie Rifle & Pistol Club

2001 W. Memorial Dr *
    Muncie, IN
    Phone Information
    *• 765-282-1972 Main

Facility Details
    *• Public
    *• Indoor
    *• Gun/Sportsman's Club

Access To Facility
    *• Memberships Available

Shooting Available
    *• Handgun/Smallbore Rifle-Indoor 50ft max
    *• Rifle Outdoors

vedearduff

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 15, 2011
    Central Indiana
    Muncie Rifle & Pistol Club

2001 W. Memorial Dr *
    Muncie, IN
    Phone Information
    *• 765-282-1972 Main

Facility Details
    *• Public
    *• Indoor
    *• Gun/Sportsman's Club

Access To Facility
    *• Memberships Available

Shooting Available
    *• Handgun/Smallbore Rifle-Indoor 50ft max
    *• Rifle Outdoors
    I almost joined earlier this year. Their facility is nice, but I decided against it because I would not have been able to shoot my .44-40 SAA at their range as they do not allow bottle necked rounds.

Members have 24/7 access to the range, other than when they are hosting a match.

They no longer have an outdoor range.

Dirtebiker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Feb 13, 2011
    Greenwood
    I almost joined earlier this year. Their facility is nice, but I decided against it because I would not have been able to shoot my .44-40 SAA at their range as they do not allow bottle necked rounds.

Members have 24/7 access to the range, other than when they are hosting a match.

They no longer have an outdoor range.

What is the cost?

ryan3030

Master
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    Indy
    I just got off the phone with Tim Martin (current President of the Muncie Rifle and Pistol club). Here are the details he gave me.

Membership
    $130 first year ($25 key deposit, $15 initiation, $90 dues) $90 every year thereafter.
    Their 'year' starts October 1

You must apply for membership, which must be notarized, and they vote on applicants on the third Tuesday of each Month.

The location as of now is still 2001 W. memorial Drive, and the number listed in the post above is Tim's direct line. 765-282-1972

The building is concrete block, no AC, so it's very hot in the summer he says. In the winter it stays a pretty consistent 65 degrees.

All members get a key - which means you can come and go as you please. Shoot 24/7. Tim told me it's a pistols & .22 rifles only club.

Last edited:

Cannon762

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Apr 4, 2011
    Gas City Area
    I was invited there with a member last year to shoot. It's a nice place. I wasn't in any financial state to join at the time, and then moved shortly after, but I really wish I could move back to Muncie just so I *could* join. I stay up late and the ability to go and shoot at any time of day in a secure indoor range would be great.

XDLover

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 2, 2012
    Delaware County
    I believe there was a small indoor range and shop on the southeast side YEARS ago, but long ago closed.
    Locally you have the Farmland Conservation, then there is another Conservation club south by the Delaware/Henry line, then Wilbur Wright north of New Castle.

I've said for a long while that we need a nice indoor range up here, but understand the cost and insurance involved.

ryan3030

Master
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    Indy
    The post above was correct, pistols and .22lr rifle allowed. No bottlenecked cartridges. No .50AE. No magnum loads. Rapid fire frowned upon.

It's basically a bullseye shooting club.

You have to have your membership application notarized, and in the event you are approved, you must shoot a qualification target. I think it's a 12"x12" square - 10 shots on target at around 17 yards.

Fullmag

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Sep 4, 2011
    Locally you have the Farmland Conservation, then there is another Conservation club south by the Delaware/Henry line, then Wilbur Wright north of New Castle.

I've said for a long while that we need a nice indoor range up here, but understand the cost and insurance involved.

That is Monroe Twp. Conservation Club it has limited membership that is full up, tried and failed to join.

Top Bottom