• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • OutaAmmo

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 9, 2010
    I have the $25 Midway mat as well as the $65 Champion mat. The Champion mat is a whole lot nice mat than the Midway mat. The rubber on both mats get really hot to touch at those sunny hot days. The Midway mat is hot on both sides but I can turn the Champion Choice over and it is cool. I sometime use a throw rug like for a hallway that is comfortable and is good on those hot days. Midway is best bet on those Appleseed shoots in the rain. My next mat will be another Champion mat, They are just more comfortable.

Prometheus

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Northern Indiana
    Based on the overall replies it is being recommended that we wait and get the Midway mat as you can't beat the price for the quality of it. If you need a mat "now" the best other solution is a yoga mat from what i was told.

Hey Prometheus I think I'm going to have to sue you for stealing my text of promoting the INGO NWI gorup! ;)

Lol not sure what happened to that reply and quote!

Anyway, I meant to post that the midway mat is worth the wait for it's price/quality. Provided it doesn't rain and carpet remnant is a decent substitute.

Still a quality mat is a must IMO for a long 2 day shooting event. Yes the mat does get hot in the sun but whenever I'm up off of it, I cover it with a BDU jacket or something similar. It'll still be warm, but not really hot. Also if you are shooting all day and are on the heavier side, you'll need to have long sleves or pay close attention to how you shift around on the mat. It's made for non slip and heavy set folks seem to get their elbows torn up by the end of the day than smaller folks. I don't think it's weight per sey as it is the disconnect of nerve endings due to the extra 'padding'. Just be cognizant of dragging elbows across rough surfaces.

Prometheus

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Northern Indiana
    I just did a search at Midway and do not see that one listed and all of the shootings mats appear to be sold out :dunno:

Midway should be giving Appleseed free advertising space for all the business they send them, lol!

Seriously, it's no coincidence that just before big appleseed events midway sells out of shooting mats and 10/22 magazine releases, buffers and standard slings.

The Appleseed program is the shiznit.

Top Bottom