• ...and so much more!
  • jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Saw a lot of good reviews for this mat and it's $25.
    MidwayUSA Competition Shooting Mat PVC Coated Polyester Olive Drab - MidwayUSA

Sadly it's out of stock until DEC 2010! :eek:

The rest of the mats on Midway are $100+. Any recommendations for a cheaper good mat? :dunno:

---
    NWI INGO MEMBERS
    Get the latest news by joining the NWI INGO group here:
    INGunOwners - Northwest Indiana

The next MEET & EAT is on 28 AUG 10 (sign up!)
    See here for more info:
    https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...ngo_meet_and_eat_oc_cc_-_sat_28_aug_10_a.html

The next MEET & SHOOT is on 18 SEP 10 (sign up!)
    See here for more info:
    https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo..._ingo_meet_and_shoot_-_sat_18_sep_2010_a.html

Appleseed for NWI
    Need help on finding a location see here for more info:
    https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...d_for_nwi_lake_porter_county.html#post1216426

tyler34

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    bloomington
    how about a yoga or camping mat? they pack up pretty good and are very comfortable. I use my wifes reebok yoga mat and it's really squishy and comfy.

Wild Deuce

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Dec 2, 2009
    I don't think you'll match the price/quality (based on the reviews at Midway) but these look ok ...

(under $70 pre-shipping/tax)

from Dillon Precision

from Voodoo Tactical

Personally, I use a surplus canvas GI PUP tent (two shelter halves). Rolls up nice, keeps me dry and I can stick a sleeping/workout mat (like tyler34 suggested) in there if the ground calls for it. It also doubles as a rest if the ground is really uneven or the shooting position calls for it. If you are really roughing it, the shleter halves work well to keep the dew off you while you sleep on the ground.

pinshooter45

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 1, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Wait for the Midway Mat

Unless you are really in a big hurry...wait till they are back in stock! I have oine and love it! I've compared my mat to others at the last high power rifle match I was at. I could not see that the more exspensive ones were that much better. Dollar for dollar you can't beat that mat!

Indydrew

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    +1 on waiting for the Midway Mat, you might try a sleeping bag pad or something similar until the Midway Mat is available.

It was out of stock when I was looking for mine too, I used the "Remind Me" button and jumped on the deal as soon as I got the email from them. It worked great and showed up at the door a couple days later. It's a really good mat for a great price.

-Drew

indyjoe

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 20, 2008
    Indy - South
    Midway mat on sale is the best deal out there. Last time it was on sale and I backordered, it was faster than they printed.

I've also used a cut scrap of carpet.

IndianasFinest

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 20, 2008
    Salem
    I have the Voodoo tactical mat, and it's pretty nice. My only complaint is my elbows get sore if I'm laying somewhere with real hard ground. If that happens I usually just throw a rifle case on the ground, and the problem is solved.

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    At Appleseed, I've seen people use workout mats, carpet remnants, and those pads moving companies use. I used a blanket this last weekend when I forgot my Midway mat.

Hope that helps!

Blessings,
    Bill

turnandshoot4

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 29, 2008
    Kouts
    I just use my rifle case. It's padded and works great!! It started out black and now it's camo due to me laying on every surface known to man to shoot. It's got brown (mud and cow poo), green, and has streaks of white from when we had to shoot on a gravel road to get every inch out of the range. Plus I don't have to take anything extra to shoot (what ever you want to shoot you have to carry through the woods). I'm a minimalist to say the least.

5.11 Tactical 42 Gun Case Shotgun, 511 tactical gun case, 5.11 42 inch gun case, 5.11 tactical shotgun case

AuntieBellum

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 4, 2009
    Rensselaer
    -1 to carpet remnants (soak up water instantly and direct it to your clothes in about .36 seconds).

+1 to waiting for Midway. Totally worth it. Bubba even used his for a camping mat this past weekend. I don't recommend that, though, since I'm pretty sure I need a chiropractor after doing the same.

jsn_mooney

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    South Of Richmond
    I've got the one from Midway- picked it up a couple of years ago, can't beat it. I'd go ahead and order it, and start checking the surplus outlets for an issue mat that goes under your sleeping bag when out playing silly games with your Uncle Sam. The ones I was issued were closed cell OD foam about 2 1/2' wide by about 6 1/2' long- I'm sure they are out there, and it'd get you by until the good one comes in.
    Jason

Prometheus

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Northern Indiana

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    The rest of the mats on Midway are $100+. Any recommendations for a cheaper good mat? :dunno:

Based on the overall replies it is being recommended that we wait and get the Midway mat as you can't beat the price for the quality of it. If you need a mat "now" the best other solution is a yoga mat from what i was told.

Hey Prometheus I think I'm going to have to sue you for stealing my text of promoting the INGO NWI gorup! ;)

---
    NWI INGO MEMBERS
    Get the latest news by joining the NWI INGO group here:
    INGunOwners - Northwest Indiana

The next MEET & EAT is on 28 AUG 10 (sign up!)
    See here for more info:
    https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...ngo_meet_and_eat_oc_cc_-_sat_28_aug_10_a.html

The next MEET & SHOOT is on 18 SEP 10 (sign up!)
    See here for more info:
    https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo..._ingo_meet_and_shoot_-_sat_18_sep_2010_a.html

Appleseed for NWI
    Need help on finding a location see here for more info:
    https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...d_for_nwi_lake_porter_county.html#post1216426

Ranges in NWI
    https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/break_room/106004-nwi_ingo_general_post-3.html#post1252132

Top Bottom