• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • theweakerbrother

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 28, 2009
    Bartholomew County, IN
    go look at your local surplus store, you may get lucky. I found a pair of revision tinted shooting glasses with clear interchangeable ones for $20. they are the ones you see in all the magazines with the buckshot and whatnot in them.

What Tyler said.

Revision requests their prescription lenses to be made with 3mm thickness (I think) which sets the bar pretty high for absorbing whatever damaging object is coming back to your face.

I spoke with a salesman and he said that the older Wiley models were made with 2mm and they did ballistic testing with 3mm and it made a world of a difference to the point where eyes were 'saved' by lab tests and in the field for the difference. Could have just been a sales pitch.

Bottom line, just because they both say ANSI Z87.1-2003 doesn't mean that they offer equal protection; just that they both offer a bare minimum to the standard of ANSI Z87.1-2003.

It's like saying a two safes are fire rated at 1200 for 30 minutes when the second one is double walled fire shielded and has the potential to last twice as long as thirty minutes.

Dragon

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 11, 2011
    Muncie, IN
    Granted, not everyone can afford to spend $100 some dollars on a pair of Oakleys. It sucks :(

But how does the breakage point differ between safety and shooting glasses?

If you can't afford the $100 Oakleys then pickup a pair of ESS Ice Shooting Glasses at the 1500 or online for about $25-$30. You get a case, strap, and sometimes both clear and tinted lenses.

Top Bottom