• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 16, 2012
    Clay County
    Looked on the other sections and didn't see anything posted (wish we had a news section) but there has been a shooting at the east side Wal-Mart in E'ville tonight. Below is info posted by Evansville Watch on Facebook.

Scanner traffic is indicating shots have been fired at the East Side walmart. There is someone injured per dispatch. EFD/AMR en route. EPD on scene

UPDATE: Please avoid area of East Side Walmart off of Burkhardt Rd. EPD are searching for suspects in a shooting that just took place at the store. K-9 is out as well. FOR YOUR SAFETY AND THE SAFETY OF OTHERS, STAY CLEAR OF SCENE.

UPDATE:
    POLICE ARE LOOKING FOR THE SUSPECT IN THE ARBORS OF EASTLAND. IF YOU ARE IN THIS AREA, LOCK YOUR DOORS AND STAY INSIDE!!

936928_10151574326184730_46078270_n.jpg

Colinb913

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 15, 2012
    Newburgh
    Sounds like the suspect is en route to Louisville per a phone call with his mother.

This brings up a question.. Say my Fiance and I were walking in that parking lot? Would I have been allowed to draw and fire?..

merotek

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 8, 2012
    New Albany
    This is something my wife and I have discussed at length. I could see horrible repercussions in a situation like this.

Lets say you see a situation where you deem it necessary to draw your firearm and fire. Another fine upstanding citizen a fair distance behind you hears shots, he sees you shooting, he draws and starts firing at you.... so and and so forth.

The question should never be "Am I allowed" it should always be, "Is this the only action I can take to save a life?" and even then, you better be sure of your surroundings and exactly what is going on in the situation in front of you. Hell, for all you know at the time, it is an undercover officer doing the shooting.

Bapak2ja

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 17, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    Best scenario, use your weapon to get out of harm's way or to protect yourself and loved ones. There is no wisdom in playing hero. Leave it to those who have taken the oath and are trained to do so. I know, we have to help the weak—attempted rape, child snatch, etc. Problem is one never knows if it is a father trying to stop a wayward child from doing something stupid, or some other scenario.

When SHTF, I clear the area. If anyone gets in the way, threatens me or mine, I fire. Beyond that, I am very, very hesitant to intervene. Too many stories of cops getting shot when intervening in a husband/wife fight. Too many variables in adult-child situations. Intervene and your backside is in a sling—big time.

Our biggest enemy is the district attorney with political ambitions. What was that guy's name, Bernard Goetz? We all know the story, so no need to review the scenario or the discuss vigilantism. Point is, it just takes one liberal DA and one shot to destroy all one has worked a lifetime to achieve.

Bapak2ja

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 17, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    It is impossible to say what action you would take unless actually there first hand.

That is the point of training and planning, and talking in these forum threads. Try to prepare, think ahead, be ready. Set priorities.

I am not a sheep dog, protecting the flock. I am not a sheep either, standing by waiting to be fleeced. I will take care of my family. When the need is clear, I will try to help. Best I can do. Beyond that, folks are on their own.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    That is the point of training and planning, and talking in these forum threads. Try to prepare, think ahead, be ready. Set priorities.

I am not a sheep dog, protecting the flock. I am not a sheep either, standing by waiting to be fleeced. I will take care of my family. When the need is clear, I will try to help. Best I can do. Beyond that, folks are on their own.

Totally understand this.

I have always been quick to defend the weak as that is how I was raised. It has caused me some serious problems over the years and I now step back and take a good look at things before doing a dive into the fray.

As to this scenario, Angles, distance, defensive cover, to draw or handle hands on, duck and flee....so much to consider.
    Just the legality's involved could be frightening to many. Let on round get away and do harm to property or person and you are done.

In the open like a parking lot is one thing. 2 people settling a score. But Something like a mall or theater shooting where the area is getting sprayed is another situation with another set of considerations. I would not hesitate to end such an encounter.

Constructionist

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011

Agreed. As much as it saddens me to see what people are capable of doing to each other, we can't save the world. Involving ourselves in such conflicts only spells trouble, unfortunately.

Having said that, if everyone would take the quoted approach to protecting their own, we wouldn't have so many sheep out there to begin with.

Duke Short

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 7, 2013
    Another Issue at Walmart

Every time I say anything derogatory about King Wally someone takes offense. So instead of disrespecting the famed super power I will just point out something of interest. Has anyone else noticed the increase in criminal activity at The Chi-Com super centers. Attempted robberies, babies left in cars, thefts, attempted shooting, shootings, etc. I understand it it isn't just Chi-Mart but most large "big box" stores have similar problems. A friend of mine had his construction trailer robbed in the Lowes south side Indy. Would we all be a bit safer if we would shop in groups ? Yes hard to do but this random attack, robberies, thefts, shootings etc. It is starting to become a way of life now not just in "bad neighborhoods" but everywhere. Sad state of affairs for a once great nation.

scootn103

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 6, 2013
    It seems to be getting to the point , that almost anywhere violence or theft occurs no matter when where or time .

LANShark42

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Dec 24, 2012
    Evansville
    Every time I say anything derogatory about King Wally someone takes offense. So instead of disrespecting the famed super power I will just point out something of interest. Has anyone else noticed the increase in criminal activity at The Chi-Com super centers. Attempted robberies, babies left in cars, thefts, attempted shooting, shootings, etc. I understand it it isn't just Chi-Mart but most large "big box" stores have similar problems. A friend of mine had his construction trailer robbed in the Lowes south side Indy. Would we all be a bit safer if we would shop in groups ? Yes hard to do but this random attack, robberies, thefts, shootings etc. It is starting to become a way of life now not just in "bad neighborhoods" but everywhere. Sad state of affairs for a once great nation.

Shop in groups? Hardly. I have no interest in trying to coordinate that. That's why I choose to carry.

jerryv

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 8, 2013
    Evansville

I hate the place, but in this case Walmart seems innocent .. seems like this happened in their lot just because they happen to be adjacent to the expressway, where all this seemed to start. The victim happened to be running toward the Walmart looking for prectection from the assailant .. at least that's what it sounded like from the news reports.

Top Bottom