• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Sniper 79

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Oct 7, 2012
    Ive never taken a physics class ( nor stayed at a Holiday Inn Express ) but I fail to see how the curved surface of a bowling pin could cause a round to change direction 180 degrees and come back at a shooter. If a directly centered hit I would assume the round would penetrate the bowling pin. If the hit was on a "glancing blow" how would that turn the round around back at the shooter ?

"Bouncing off" - perhaps inadequate power factor is the issue.

I know the wood is super hard and probably has some spring back to it. I shot a few with different calibers and never again unless like I mentioned before if they are way out with 30cal or larger high powered rifles. You may be onto something with the low power factor.

The siding is all shot up at one of the ranges I shoot at from pin shooting and steel that got dished out. I have seen bullets come back especially down loaded target .45 rounds.

Not totally sure why but pins suck for pistol targets. I have never attended pin matches for that reason. I cant believe guys shoot them with .22's. Yikes!

Top Bottom