• Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Would you have shot these little hoods?

• Total voters
    • Poll closed .

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    I would love to see their faces if they barged in thinking they were going to give the beat down and, maybe, her son or another adult male was there. Oops.

Kedric

Master
    Rating - 80%
    4   1   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Grant Co.
    I think it's amazing that anyone is shocked to 'discover' that kid punks can be just as brutal and vicious as older punks.

“It’s amazing that these kids so young can be so violent,” Lt. O’Hanlon added.:n00b:
    Really? What world have you been living in??

As a means of last resort, if there was a gang of them, and I was protecting me and mine, you betcha. Not something I enjoy contemplating or would enjoy doing by any means.

Armed Citizen

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 8, 2010
    Indianapolis
    They would NOT be treated any differently than if an adult was doing the crime. POINT, AIM, and SQUEEZE!
    If these young hoodlums are doing this type of crime at this age, it would not be long before it escalated to MURDER!

gungirl65

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 11, 2011
    Richmond
    Is the loss of a 7 to 12 year old with no soul, really a loss? If they are already brutalizing defenseless women and getting away with it, it's just a matter of time before they go after bigger prey and get more vicious.

I would hate to have to kill a child, but a soulless child is much like a rapid dog. Without proper treatment they will only become more dangerous and deadly. If I have to choose between my life, the life of a loved one or their life, it's a no brainer. They are going down. I'd much rather beat the hell out of them than shoot them but if there's a group of them, I would do what is necessary to stop the threat.

Mackey

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 4, 2011
    interwebs
    Didn't answer the poll because didn't see a proper response. The lady survived. If I had shot them, it wouldn't have been justified.
    Shooting kids. Kiss your life goodbye (ever heard of a guy named Zimmerman?). I would have to be up against the wall and certain that I was going to die.

gohard43

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 16, 2010
    Northside Indy
    Didn't answer the poll because didn't see a proper response. The lady survived. If I had shot them, it wouldn't have been justified.
    Shooting kids. Kiss your life goodbye (ever heard of a guy named Zimmerman?). I would have to be up against the wall and certain that I was going to die.

Exactly what I was thinking - I voted not to shoot them.. Someone with disabilities vs a grown man makes it a different ball game. I'd give them a good ass kickin :rockwoot:

JB357Mag

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 26, 2012
    Yea!
    I voted shoot. As in the shoes of the frail lady who was attacked.

Besides, what are these pieces of crap going to be up to in a few more
    years?

Shoot em. Good riddance.

Jimmy

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    Question is would a reasonable person believe that deadly force is warranted. Going to be a hard arguement if 7 and 10 year olds are involved. For most of us on INGO I would say absolutetly No don't shoot or even show the gun.

I said no only because if it was just me I could easily have defended myself without lethal force. An old lady is different. And thats what those little creeps were countin on. They wouldnt choose a 200lb 6'2" guy to attack. They chose the easiest target available.

I haven't voted yet--still pondering it.

Regarding the highlighted, I agree to a point. Circumstances are everything. Change the victim, change the assumptions. Let's pick something in the middle: let's a mid-30s white gal who has small children at home. What's reasonable then?

hookedonjeep

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    With the other Sheepdogs
    IMHO, self defense has NO age limit. If you are outnumbered and outgunned (so to speak), then by all means YES! Shoot to stop the threat - you think it is impossible to kill another person with a rock? Ask the Arab women - they will tell you! Whether the agression is from a child or not - their actions required planning and thought. As such, they clearly displayed a lack of concern for the law, a lack of concern for the health and well being of an elderly woman, and clear and deliberate intent to do grave bodily harm without fear of real consequence. Fortunately, she survived the physical attack; however she will have to deal with the emotional damage for many years to come. As for the little hood rats - adult crime has adult responsibility. If you are going to hit me like a man, be prepared to reap what you sow....:twocents:

JimmyR

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 6, 2012
    Clark County
    I would attempt to defend myself in any non-lethal way possible (the fencing foil in my apartment would do nicely) before resorting to lethal force, regardless of age. Lethal force would be used if necessary, and as a last resort.

Davis0023

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Aug 30, 2011
    NorthCentral Indiana
    This is an apples and oranges topic to question were given here. This lady involved I believe could of used force up to lethal force, but as other have stated the average Ingo'er could not use lethal force( but reasonable force to defend life or property), however we can easily add variables to this. What if your an average ingo'er, but you are injuried and in your wheel chair on the front porch with two broken legs and cracked L4 vertabrate?
    Now what force would be reasonable? The variables and at the end of the day is what makes up the deiciding factors, most importantly what ever you do has to be "reasonable" given the totality of the circumstances.

Pooty22

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 20, 2012
    Crawfordsville
    I think it's amazing that anyone is shocked to 'discover' that kid punks can be just as brutal and vicious as older punks.

“It’s amazing that these kids so young can be so violent,” Lt. O’Hanlon added.:n00b:
    Really? What world have you been living in??

As a means of last resort, if there was a gang of them, and I was protecting me and mine, you betcha. Not something I enjoy contemplating or would enjoy doing by any means.

I, too, find it amazing that a police officer in Philadelphia would find this hard to believe. Especially one who's been around long enough to be a Lt.

edporch

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Oct 19, 2010
    Indianapolis
    ANYBODY who is in a position and has the means to cause me great bodily harm or death, I have the RIGHT to defend myself against.

NO MATTER their age or gender, etc.

No2rdame

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 8, 2012
    Noblesville
    I've heard of 12 year olds packing heat before so if I felt my life was threatened then yes, I'd do whatever necessary to protect myself. Most likely in this situation, simply displaying a firearm in a defensive stance would be sufficient to diffuse the situation.

Top Bottom