• Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Would you have shot these little hoods?

• Total voters
    • Poll closed .

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    I came across this story this morning and rather than posting the link with the usual hand wringing and the "OMG what is this world coming to?" I thought I would ask what INGO'ers would do if they found themself in this situation? I.E. Does survival and protection have an age limit as far as whom you would shoot to defend yourself? I think not but it is easy to "think not" when not being confronted by a little wannbe hoodlum. This is my first "poll" post so hopefully the post will come up with the post.

Police: 7-Year-Old Involved In Violent Home Invasion In Juniata « CBS Philly

It's a short little article. (Just like the perps!)

Last edited:

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    I got to believe this probably could only happen to the most frail among us. They knew this lady was "easy pickin's" and took advantage of her disability(s). I'm guessing if they were to try this with most, average, mildly in-shape men, they'd probably get whooped before they could grab a plunger or potted plant.

This is typical of animals in the wild--pick off the easiest prey.

pack-indy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    109   0   0
    Mar 2, 2011
    Shoshone NF
    ^ Beat me to it.

I didn't vote, but if I feared for my life, I am going to do so by all means necessary. Getting to that point is different for everyone. A 7yr with a rock poses a different threat level to me than to a 51yr woman with a mental disability.

mtgasten

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Aug 23, 2011
    Greenfield
    i find it astonishing that the seven year old is going to get off with nothing more than a slap on the wrist "too young to be charged with anything" riiiiiiight...

G_Stines

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 2, 2010
    Central Indiana
    In some cases, but numbers also count. I'm 22 and decent in a scrap, but you put 6 or 7 twelve year olds with baseball bats and the odds start dwindling. You can't shoot initially, unless you are scared for your life and then good luck provig it in court. You'd be better of takin one of the bats and hitting back with sufficient and lethal force I'd say.

You put three 16/17 year olds and depending on their build, it could be legit or bullshnikeys.

You put anyone past the age of reason who has a firearm aimed at me, and I feel threatened. I don't care if you are 8/10/15/22, or even 95(<- I would feel most threatened). The younger they are, some of those kids are hard to talk to. You might be ably to talk to them, give them some sense or a reason not to. You might even be able to scare them. You might not get anywhere depending on how long they've been in that rough and possibly gang situation. It really comes down to the look in their eyes and if they mean it. That goes for all ages too. If they do, and the threat is present to sufficient matter, it's legit.

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    If I was a 51-year-old Asian woman with mental disabilities, deadly force would likely be reasonable.

As a much older Asian man who is very wise, I would whip the snot out of these kids but not likely feel that deadly force was reasonable.

If I thought they might be able to kill me and were attempting to do so, I'd kill them first, of course

...you know, send a strong message to the surviving neighborhood kids that I'm not to be trifled with. :cool:

wizard_of_ahs

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 23, 2011
    Terre Haute
    I got to believe this probably could only happen to the most frail among us. They knew this lady was "easy pickin's" and took advantage of her disability(s). I'm guessing if they were to try this with most, average, mildly in-shape men, they'd probably get whooped before they could grab a plunger or potted plant.

This is typical of animals in the wild--pick off the easiest prey.

Had she been armed, the outcome would have been different :rockwoot:

Glock19

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 17, 2012
    NE Indianapolis
    If I was an old lady who couldn't defend my self any other way then yuppers....but since I could probably get away with defending myself without shooting I wouldn't have to.

VERT

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    Question is would a reasonable person believe that deadly force is warranted. Going to be a hard arguement if 7 and 10 year olds are involved. For most of us on INGO I would say absolutetly No don't shoot or even show the gun.

Valvestate

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2012
    NWI
    Shoot if you don't have a choice. I'd charge the parents of the kids and throw their little butts in juvie. If the mother of that 10yo knew right away, it probably means she hasn't been doing crap about it.

pack-indy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    109   0   0
    Mar 2, 2011
    Shoshone NF
    If I was a 51-year-old Asian woman with mental disabilities, deadly force would likely be reasonable.

As a much older Asian man who is very wise, I would whip the snot out of these kids but not likely feel that deadly force was reasonable.

If I thought they might be able to kill me and were attempting to do so, I'd kill them first, of course

...you know, send a strong message to the surviving neighborhood kids that I'm not to be trifled with. :cool:

gran-torino-screenshots-of-movie-trailer-1.jpg

whoismunky

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    May 6, 2010
    Bloomington,IN

LOL! ATM never disappoints! :laugh:

This is pretty much my feeling on the matter, though. Deadly force is based on fearing for your life. I probably wouldn't feel MY life was in immediate danger, but I think a more frail person legitimately could. You could only know if you were in their shoes in that moment.

Like they say, play stupid games - win stupid prizes.

lucky4034

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 14, 2012
    I don't have a problem with that old lady shooting them to protect herself, but I wouldn't want to be the person who pulled the trigger on a 7yo and definitely not a black 7yo right now in this country.

blamecharles

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 9, 2011
    South side of Indian
    Lets not forget that child soldiers are common in other parts of the world and are trained here as drug mules, lookouts, and to sell as they wont get the same sentence. Rock today AK tomorrow.

images

images

images

ETA: Shouldn't we get to banning potted plants now as well?

BLA

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 14, 2011
    Brown County
    I said no only because if it was just me I could easily have defended myself without lethal force. An old lady is different. And thats what those little creeps were countin on. They wouldnt choose a 200lb 6'2" guy to attack. They chose the easiest target available.

Top Bottom