• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    First time posting here, but just had an "incident" in Greenwood. I tried to ship just some firearms parts through UPS at one of their "franchised" stores, and they told me no, I had to go to a hub in Indianapolis. This was a para lower from DSA, which I was shipping back to them. I called UPS proper and they told me the same thing. I told them thanks for nothing and went to USPS with no problems. Does anyone know if the shipper really needs a license for even just shipping parts? Has such a policy always been in place for such companies like UPS and FEDEX, or is this a result of the current climate? Anyways, thanks for the help.

With the Common Carriers - it MAY depend on the owner of the franchise. Twice, I've shipped complete pistols back to their respective manufacturers, via a FedEx/Kinkos on Indy's south side. Both had manufacturer-issued shipping labels. I declared to the clerk both times what the packages contained and that they were indeed going back to the manufacturer - overnight. Common Carriers request that firearms be shipped overnight due to their own liability / loss prevention issues. The less time "in system" the better for them.

Provided I'm not shipping an actual firearm (I don't know what part of a FAL is considered the actual gun. It the upper or the lower?) - what I ship via a common carrier, if warranted, will be called "machine parts" or some such completely true answer.

biggen

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 12, 2012
    I recently went through exactly the same scenario as the OP. Anymore I just box it up and take it to my FFL, he will ship them for me for just the cost of shipping. I always give him an extra 20$,it's more than worth it to me.

Top Bottom