• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • WestSider

Master
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Apr 16, 2008
    Putnam County
    I apologize if this has been asked and answered before. I may make a deal for a pistol I'm trading out of state. I need to know what the cheapest option I have to ship this thing is. From what I have read, the best option is to have an FFL ship my gun for me via USPS Priority.

Does anyone know / or is anyone an FFL that can ship this for me and roughly how much would it cost? I called PSS and the guy I talked to made it sound like they would only ship it FedEx, but I didn't specifically ask if they could ship it USPS.

Sorry this is the first gun I have ever shipped. I live in Avon.

Thanks

mike4sigs

Master
    Rating - 94.7%
    36   2   0
    Jan 24, 2009
    Southern Adams County
    not an expert here but i have shipped and bought some hand guns ! it is my understanding that an FFl only can ship a hand gun using usps! and i beleive that is to a FFL or a manufacturer !
    How ever i have been told that a private indivisual can ship a gun using a private shipping company to an ffl and a manufacturer! I have shipped a long gun and a hand gun using fedex for the long gun and UPS for the handgun !
    Just a word from experiance be ready for some BS when you walk into the terminals and tell them you are shipping a gun some place! i have decided to etheir have a copy of the law and restrictions with me and also call ahead to the place i was shipping and ask to talk to the person in charge and give them a chance to think it through or just give up the fight and pay an FFL to do the shipping!

GOOD LUCK

Jay

Gotta watch us old guys.....cause if you don't....
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 19, 2008
    Near Marion, IN
    I have bought out of state, and had the handgun shipped to my FFL from both another FFL holder, and a non-FFL holder. A copy of the receiving FFL holders license may be faxed to the sender, to facilitate shipping. FFL holders can ship USPS for about $12 or so, but usually mark that up....sometimes considerably. I do not have an FFL, and your mileage may vary.

Eiffelman

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 6, 2009
    If the hand gun is sent USPS Priority Mail be sure that a signed receipt upon delivery is asked for. Otherwise the mailman will just dump it off in someone's mailbox or leave it on a front doorstep.

WestSider

Master
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Apr 16, 2008
    Putnam County
    Thanks for the replies. Any nice FFL people on here would be willing to ship my pistol USPS for me? I would be greatly appreciative. If I ship this thing overnight FedEx I'm sure I'm going to be out at least 50 bucks.

I know karlsgunbunker used to do that on here but he hasn't posted since July...

I called PSS again and was told they only way they will ship it is FedEx and also charge me $20. I asked if they could ship it USPS and he said he can't go ship a package for me because he is at the shop all day. So basically the $20 charge is for nothing because I can just ship it to an FFL myself via FedEx.

Top Bottom