• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • smoking357

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 14, 2008
    Mindin' My Own Business
    Medical marijuana is apparently legal in Wash state, and this guy apparently had a prescription (or whatever), because the article states:

Sarich is a legal medical marijuana patient under Washington's medical marijuana law, passed by voters in 1998.

So, he wasn't breaking the law, even though he "used a controlled substance." It sounds like under that definition, anyone who gets ANY prescriptions filled could be denied his gun rights.

Great response. The Sheriff is in clear violation of the law and has used color of state authority to trample all over this man's rights.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    The Sheriff is clear violation of the law by enforcing it? The Sheriff is following federal law. How is the Sheriff exempt from federal law?

Are we going to talk about fringe on the flag and the Articles of Confederation now?

This I must hear.:D:popcorn:

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    The Sheriff is clear violation of the law by enforcing it? The Sheriff is following federal law. How is the Sheriff exempt from federal law?

Are we going to talk about fringe on the flag and the Articles of Confederation now?

This I must hear.:D:popcorn:

Short answer: YES.

Sheriff's (historical role) are the "top" peace officer/law enforcement officer for the county in which they server and in which THE PEOPLE of said county appointed him/her to server.

They take an oath to defense/protect the constitution of their state and the US one as well and they must answer to THE PEOPLE.

As such if something is "not right" with a law they have the power and also duty to not enforce such law if THE PEOPLE have spoken as such.

For example, effective 03 Apr 10 all white people in all counties of Indiana per the new federal law signed by I7BO must go to your local city/town hall and register as "white" and get your "white star" which you will display at all times on your person. There is a $100 fee per family for this registration by the way. Failure to comply will result in arrest of you and your family.

Now as sherriff of <<insert your county>> are you going to let the fed agents into your county arrest all the white folks who did not register?

:dunno:

Gunsmoke 45

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 14, 2010
    They take an oath to defense/protect the constitution of their state and the US one as well and they must answer to THE PEOPLE.

THE PEOPLE put Obama in office and elected large majorities of democrats into congress. Be careful relying on "THE PEOPLE" arguments. THE PEOPLE are, by and large, idiots.

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    Actually, the Executive Branch takes the exact same oath as a SCOTUS Justice and historically the branches have always been equal. There is a long history in this country of the Executive branch exercising independent judgment on the constitutionality of laws, both in deciding what to sign and what to execute. This goes back to the first decades of this country's existence.

Best,

Joe

Supreme Court Justice

• "I, [NAME], do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will administer justice without respect to persons, and do equal right to the poor and to the rich, and that I will faithfully and impartially discharge and perform all the duties incumbent upon me as [TITLE] under the Constitution and laws of the United States. So help me God."

President

• "I do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will faithfully execute the office of President of the United States, and will to the best of my ability, preserve, protect, and defend the Constitution of the United States."
    Quite different, by my read. The President (or in the current circumstances, the occupant of the office) swears to preserve, protect, and defend our Constitution. A Justice swears to deal equally with PEOPLE. Both are expected to perform their duties under the Constitution, but the duties are far different, as are the oaths. I don't mean to pick nits here, but while each person in office must determine his interpretation of Constitutionality, it is only incumbent upon the Supreme Court Justice to determine a binding interpretation of the meaning of the words of the document, under the terms of the oaths.

Blessings,
    Bill

Top Bottom