Sheriff David Clarke has a message for America's Black community...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    "It's time to leave the Democrat Party" Pretty powerful Op Ed. Sheriff Clarke says what needs to be said.

[FONT=&amp]The Democrat Party’s embrace of chaos and criminality is the last step in breaking the backs of this community. From welfare to the Margaret Sanger eugenics of abortion to the breakdown of the family unit, the left has pursued policies that keep the Black community dependent, destitute, and demoralized – and fed them crumbs to assure their loyalty.[/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]Don't blame the police for having to deal aggressively due to underclass dysfunctional lifestyles brought on by failed liberal Democrat policies that keep blacks mired in a position of living life at the bottom.[/FONT]

Sheriff David Clarke: My message for America?s black community ? It?s time to leave the Democratic Party | Fox News

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Wow. Unfortunately, that will just go over too many's heads.
    I'm sure you're right. His message will be dismissed like anyone else's has that tries to speak the truth about the subject. It will also be dismissed because it was an OP Ed posted on Fox News.com opinion page.

I would encourage anyone to read the entire OP Ed. He makes some strong points. Those were just a couple of pull quotes that I posted. There's more.

Last edited:

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    I'll just leave this here.

[video=youtube;FszQelEQ2KY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FszQelEQ2KY[/video]

I would note that while Larry Elder is addressing the black community specifically, fatherless households result in the same types of problems regardless of racial or ethnic composition.

In other words, white and hispanic...and whatever other group you want to identify- fathers matter as well.

Last edited:

EricG

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Nov 19, 2013
    NWI
    He will be called names and dismissed as a mouth for the "mastah". Most blacks, from my observation, are comfortable. Despite their current situation.

As a conservative who is black, I understand his message and his plight.

RapidRounds

Marksman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 21, 2015
    Sellersburg
    David Clarke is certainly speaking the truth. I agree with everything this man has been saying. As mentioned above this will probably go right over many peoples head. I would vote for this man!

Hookeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    armpit of the midwest
    I have held a similar view for decades.
    Has gotten me called racist and other, in person and in cyber.

A young engineer and I had a respecful discussion about such things (after I got him calmed down and asked him to think).
    His previous view was that "compassion" came from the legislature in the form of social programs.
    Christian, he went to a large church someplace else, rather than local............where he could learn who his neighbors were, where they needed help.

Told him legislation is not compassion. Real time, effort, sweat and money is. And I threw it right back at him.......how dare he condemn me for "not caring" because I simply am not a fan of a certain gov program. The discussion lasted a while, respectful..........and about many similar topics. He did not agree at that time, but was visibly shaken at trying to process what was discussed.

He came back a week later and said I was right, said that he had grown up in an entitlement culture that was all about lies.

Yup.............I actually got through to ONE PERSON. After all the stuff before.............ONE PERSON actually woke up.

Of course he not much later flipped out and got fired.

Not that the jump into the real world caused his collapse.........I didn't crack him. Might have started the crack though.

Hookeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    armpit of the midwest
    Checked his Linked In..............no mention of his stint where we worked together.
    Works in religious stuff now.
    Maybe he found a calling.
    Maybe he's nuts.
    Maybe he fell back into the nonsense.

I dunno.

He's back home down south. My guess is he is trying to make a difference. Hopefully from the right direction.

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    Like any other politician who suspiciously rises to fame, I like to contemplate the mantra of our INGO brother who always posts, "Follow the money!" So the party that provided the good Sheriff the ability to have a great LE and political career is no longer good enough? He has been a Democrat since 2002 and soon after his 2014 victory he comes out as a Republican? Were the crumbs from Democrat their table no longer satisfying? I wonder what changed? If the Trump campaign is not successful, I guess he'll run as a Republican in 2018.

I totally agree fathers are important in the family dynamic and must play an active role in the lives of their children. A father who is married to the mother of his children is a great example. Still, some great fathers have had children who have done some dumb things. Just ask Chief David Brown of the Dallas Police Department.

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    Like any other politician who suspiciously rises to fame, I like to contemplate the mantra of our INGO brother who always posts, "Follow the money!" So the party that provided the good Sheriff the ability to have a great LE and political career is no longer good enough? He has been a Democrat since 2002 and soon after his 2014 victory he comes out as a Republican? Were the crumbs from Democrat their table no longer satisfying? I wonder what changed? If the Trump campaign is not successful, I guess he'll run as a Republican in 2018. .

Actually the political party that gave the good Sheriff his start is the Republican party. He was appointed to fill the vacancy by Repub Gov Scott McCallum. He has ran as a Dem since then.

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    Actually the political party that gave the good Sheriff his start is the Republican party. He was appointed to fill the vacancy by Repub Gov Scott McCallum. He has ran as a Dem since then.

I realize he was appointed by a Republican, but to the point of dining, he's not been eating off of their table. Why is he a Democrat, but trying to make others change? Did he change parties after being re-elected or is he still a Democrat?

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    [FONT=&quot]They will be weeping in the realization that the party that congratulates itself for representing Black America has used them all, destroying them as they seek to grow the might and power of the government and destroy the family, the church, and the American spirit of unity. Through the marginalization of Black fathers and encouragement of destruction lifestyle choices, the progressive left has cut off one of the lifelines to raising healthy, happy, children intent on bettering themselves and their community.[/FONT]
    Amen. More people need to listen to what this man has to say.

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    I realize he was appointed by a Republican, but to the point of dining, he's not been eating off of their table. Why is he a Democrat, but trying to make others change? Did he change parties after being re-elected or is he still a Democrat?

Who's table has he been eating off of? How much has he received for campaigning and from who? I have no idea which is why I am asking. Why is he a Dem? Again I don't know, perhaps because that is the party his parents were in? Is he still a Dem? No idea, ask him. Is it possible his political viewpoints have evolved over his lifetime and he know sees the error of his ways, or sees how the Dem party is in reality and is trying to open others eyes?

ETA And if you read the op-ed, he didn't actually call upon anyone to leave the Dem party. He said it's time to divide themselves from it. Perhaps like the Tea Party Repubs, but the Douglas Dems?

It’s time for Black America to divide itself from this party we’ve been falsely connecting ourselves to for fifty years and return home to the party of Frederick Douglass, the party of emancipation, the party of equality under the law and equal opportunity for all.

Last edited:

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Freedom's Safest Place

[video=youtube;ZDe5HWbGoyk]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZDe5HWbGoyk[/video]

The Dems despise this organization. Just watch them, they'll tell you.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I have held a similar view for decades.
    Has gotten me called racist and other, in person and in cyber.

A young engineer and I had a respecful discussion about such things (after I got him calmed down and asked him to think).
    His previous view was that "compassion" came from the legislature in the form of social programs.
    Christian, he went to a large church someplace else, rather than local............where he could learn who his neighbors were, where they needed help.

Told him legislation is not compassion. Real time, effort, sweat and money is. And I threw it right back at him.......how dare he condemn me for "not caring" because I simply am not a fan of a certain gov program. The discussion lasted a while, respectful..........and about many similar topics. He did not agree at that time, but was visibly shaken at trying to process what was discussed.

He came back a week later and said I was right, said that he had grown up in an entitlement culture that was all about lies.

Yup.............I actually got through to ONE PERSON. After all the stuff before.............ONE PERSON actually woke up.

Of course he not much later flipped out and got fired.

Not that the jump into the real world caused his collapse.........I didn't crack him. Might have started the crack though.

:yesway: This is the theme we need to keep in their faces. First, I am not immoral for believing that government cannot replace individual charity. Second, THEY are not more moral than I am when they pass off their responsibility for individual charity to other people.

I get the lure of sudden national attention given to him, but he did not gain that national attention from Republicans by acting like just another democrat. Surely with the somewhat unearned reputation of Republicans, the prospect of seeing a Black LEO saying republican-ish things is a desirable thing for the party. Where are his loyalties now? Well, what has he said that's different now than before 2014. People leave parties when they no longer represent their beliefs. Maybe Clark thinks the Democrats have embraced too much of the progressive social justice platform.

Generally speaking, if white people were to say this, there'd be an outrage....

Well, certainly. Just like we're outraged at some of the things Black Lives Matters says. BLM, at least the way they're doing it, isn't going to help resolve those pockets of actual racism remaining. They can't get white people to see their deficiencies, any more than white people can get black people to see theirs. We just have these built in barriers.

Top Bottom