• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia
    I'm looking for someone who makes them, or where I can find something in particular online. I would like to set up my Izula for horizontal carry. Is there a way to do this with the current sheath? Or do I need to get something else? Also, I have a Mora Classic 2 and I hate the cheapo plastic thing it came with. Anybody know where to find a better sheath?

Thanks! :yesway:

Fergy35

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 9, 2008
    NE Corner of our gre
    If you ever make it up to Fort Wayne, you could check in with Grindstone Cutlery (you might even be able to handle it over the phone with him). I have seen quite a few of his kydex sheaths, both in process and finished, and he does good work.

pftraining_in

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 19, 2009
    IN: South of I-70
    I was in need of a knife sheath for a Christmas gift that would fit on my 6004. I have bought other firearm related items from Raven Concealment and knew that a knife sheath would be top notch. I met with them at the Indy 1500 and handed over my knife. Due to their backlog at the show I left the knife with them. The knife and sheath were mailed back to me along with mounting hardware.

The sheath is sturdy and molded to the knife perfectly. The holes on the sides line up with my 6004 accessory mounting holes.

Far from a HSLD tactical knife, but I felt the Buck Diamondback Outfitter would make a good knife for AR based malfunctions and straight blade cutting task. The knife has a tacky rubber grip and wide backbone. Second it was gift and I would not have to purchase another knife.

I mounted the knife on the rear of 6004 allowing for clearance of my pistol and I feel that is keeps the knife closer to the body than on the front. I also wear my 6004 towards the front of my thigh so the knife is in a more natural position. Time will tell is this is the optimum location.

So far my only complaint is the sheath is a little tight, but I believe this has to do with the rubber handle. I believe it will improve with time.

DSCI0043.jpg

They even add a drain hole in the sheath
    DSCI0037.jpg

DSCI0032.jpg

DSCI0045-1-1.jpg

Last edited:

turn4chatter

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 14, 2010
    For the Izula there are lots of methods with the stock sheath. My favorite is paricord and a cord lock. I wear mine this way all the time.

A Tek-lok would work as well.

Top Bottom