• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • HDSilvrStreak

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 26, 2009
    Fishers
    It is simply not true. Quickly spreading urban legend.

To begin with, the town/territory there is still a disaster. No way that a school board has met in order to review a case to fire a teacher.

ratfortman

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 21, 2009
    I was hoping that it was a hoax. pretty sure that this kind of thing wouldn't happen in OK, and as you say, not while they are still digging through the rubble

johnny45

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 9, 2013
    One may wonder how much praying WAS going on in that school when the winds were coming down.....my guess is more than any progressive would find "acceptable unto them", though I doubt any of those doing the praying really gave much of a rat's ass about what a progressive may find acceptable at the time.

Stickfight

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2010
    Dountoun ND
    One may wonder if there is correlation between the ease of getting the wool pulled over one's eyes by obvious satire, and a belief in the efficacy of prayer.

LANShark42

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Dec 24, 2012
    Evansville
    My thought is that this is satire. It is hard to recognize as such because it is a poor attempt.

Didn't actually happen.

My first thought as well. It's like I've told my son as I was raising him - you have to run everything you see/hear through your "truth/believability" filter. Even without reading the article, this didn't pass.

bhowell34

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 16, 2013
    Greenwood
    I hope this isn't true. But it really wouldn't surprise me. People have been going crazy lately about trying to keep God out of schools and government

giovani

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 8, 2012
    "There ain't no atheists in "fox holes"

Obviously you didnt see the cnn clip of the moore tornado where the journalist is interviewing the lady with a baby and he asks her if she thanked the lord and she says no i'm an atheist.

I will try to find it and post it.

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    One may wonder if there is correlation between the ease of getting the wool pulled over one's eyes by obvious satire, and a belief in the efficacy of prayer.

No more correlation than that between a lack of male reproductive organs and the sissy attempt to insult half the membership.

jwh20

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Feb 22, 2013
    Hamilton County Indi
    I don't know if the firing part is true but there was a segment on NBC News where they were interviewing one of the teachers at the school that got hit by the tornado. She said, "I know we're not supposed to, but I prayed out loud."

That really struck me, not the praying but the "not supposed to" part. But the way idiocy runs rampant in our schools these days it would not surprise me if they fired her for such an outburst of religiosity in front of impressionable children. In their minds it would be better for them to die than to be exposed to the horrors of prayer.

Top Bottom