Sharing: Would anyone tell me why I shouldn't buy this?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • furbymac

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    noblesville
    :rockwoot:

Furbymac the deal with the mag safety is so that you can drop the mag and render the gun useless if you were attacked and the assailant may become in control of the gun. You would just TRY to drop the mag so he couldn't shoot you with your own gun...........best put in my words...im sure someone else can state this better.
    i understand that but why would you not want them, why are ppl going threw all the trouble of getting one with the mag safety and then disabling it

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    The one I bought is without mag safety. It is part # 209301

I wish they had a model like the c with the longer grip and a 3 1/2 barrel. I checked out the model c and it was top heavy. Plus it just didn't fit my Gigantor hands.

ISHOOTHST'S

Master
    Rating - 93.3%
    14   1   0
    Nov 14, 2009
    Iyaf
    i understand that but why would you not want them, why are ppl going threw all the trouble of getting one with the mag safety and then disabling it

Because like someone above posted it doesnt have the CAUTION label on the slide. Seems silly to buy one like that then disable it just cause you dont want that warning on the side of your gun. The caution part is on both of my m&p's and I could care less. :twocents:

cosermann

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 15, 2008
    or is it just a simple just one more thing to go wrong issue

Right, one more unnecessary component with a finite probability of failure. Some people buy guns w/mag disconnects (and disable them) because they want a particular model that is otherwise not available without one. S&W has caught on, and I think is smart by offering these features as options. They're also now mfg a run or two each year of some of their revolvers w/o the internal locks (been doing that for a few yrs I think).

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    I'm gonna make an OC run to Kroger. Just because I can. (and I am out of milk)

Redemption

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 6, 2009
    Mag safety sucks so no on that front. Haven't bought a S&W since the Clinton debacle resulting in Saf-t-Hammer acquisition. I won't but Ruger either. Sadly, the best handguns in this country are built in foreign countries or are owned by such.

cosermann

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 15, 2008
    Things have changed at Ruger since Bill's passing. Look at what we've got out of Ruger in the last few years; the LCP, LCR, SR9 Compact, SR-556, SR-22, 22 Charger, and standard capacity (30 rnd) factory mags for the Minis. I give them credit for the new products that address CCW and defense - two areas they didn't pay much attention to in the past - and would like to encourage them in that direction. I think Ruger learned its lesson, and has done its pennance. :twocents:

Top Bottom