Sharing: Would anyone tell me why I shouldn't buy this?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    S&W M&P9 9mm 4.25 CT 17R

54593.jpg

vs. this,

S&W M&P 9mm 17RD NO MAG SFTY

38991.jpg

The money is no issue, I just want to hear both sides.

If someone knows if I can get it cheaper than that from an INGO member, I would attempt to buy it there instead of Buds.

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    I can only think of ONE tiny downside to the pistol with the laser grip...

And that's if you let yourself become dependent upon the laser instead of the sights. They're meant to be an aid...not the primary way to aim.

Other than that, though... Go for either of them! You really can't lose either way.

-J-

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    For the added $200 or whatever it is, seems like a deal to get the package. That's the only reason I am considering the CT model. Plus it's black(er) :D

That is the question I am asking myself. Do I NEED the laser? Who knows.:dunno: Sometimes you just buy something for the cool factor. This would be one of those times.

Yeah

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 3, 2009
    Dillingham, AK
    If it were me it would be that lasers on pistols bug me and I can't stand them. If you've shot a pistol with a laser before and liked it, go with the laser. If not you might want to try one before you commit.

Also, does the laser model have a mag safety? The other says no in the title. I don't know M&Ps well, but mag safeties are a terrible idea and I'd decline a pistol that had one on general principle.

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    I can only think of ONE tiny downside to the pistol with the laser grip...

And that's if you let yourself become dependent upon the laser instead of the sights. They're meant to be an aid...not the primary way to aim.

Other than that, though... Go for either of them! You really can't lose either way.

-J-

I dont think that would be a problem. I don't own any lasers, so I am quite accustomed to using the sights.

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    If it were me it would be that lasers on pistols bug me and I can't stand them. If you've shot a pistol with a laser before and liked it, go with the laser. If not you might want to try one before you commit.

Also, does the laser model have a mag safety? The other says no in the title. I don't know M&Ps well, but mag safeties are a terrible idea and I'd decline a pistol that had one on general principle.
    I noticed that too.

This is why I threw it up for debate.

42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    i love lasers on pistols. ive got 3 ct grips. as mentioned before dont rely on them still pratice with iron sites, but they are a bonus for low light situations. id hate to rely on one and need my pistol and find out the battery is dead

HandK

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Way Up North!!
    Lasers build lag time! a trained combat shooter will shoot you three times while your looking for that little red dot, its like the army says about tracers, "they work both ways" That being said I own the M&P .40 without the mag safety and would have to say it is one of the best guns I own! and I own 23 handguns, I would go for the that one and spend the extra money on ammo and a holster or two. just my :twocents: :D

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    I entertained the .40 just because I have a G23, but I also have a Beretta 92 in 9mm, so either way is ok with me. I'm not sure how a M&P will find it's way into my daily habits. It will be hard to unseat the G23 from my waistband.

I am just curious about the M&P, and would like to add one to my collection. I know that I can't use the laser in the daytime (when I plink the most), so that takes a big chunk of thought away right there. But, if this becomes a pillow buddy in the house, a whole different story.

If I have TWO 9mm, does that qualify me as a "Fan Boy"? :dunno: :rockwoot:

22lr

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 8, 2009
    Jeff Gordon Country
    Buy the model with the mag safety, they don't have that ugly warning on the side. Than take it to indygunworks and have him remove the safety. That way you have the gun, no mag safety and no ugly warning.:)

ISHOOTHST'S

Master
    Rating - 93.3%
    14   1   0
    Nov 14, 2009
    Iyaf
    Buy what you like...you can't go wrong with this. You can always put one of the 3 factory non laser back straps on it if you purchased the crimson version.

JohnP82

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Apr 2, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    cant go wrong either way. i would personally go for the one without the mag safety, but thats just me. good luck in your decision.

cosermann

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 15, 2008
    The M&Ps have magazine disconnect "safeties" if that bothers you. (Or is this an optional "feature" like the manual safety lever is?).

furbymac

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    noblesville
    what is the issues with the mag safety?? you don't plan on shooting anything without the mag in anyways do you?? or is it just a simple just one more thing to go wrong issue

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    Bought this tonight. $539 at MCSPORTS in Bloomington. Sorry, the photo is with my iPhone.

M&P9.jpg

ISHOOTHST'S

Master
    Rating - 93.3%
    14   1   0
    Nov 14, 2009
    Iyaf
    Bought this tonight. $539 at MCSPORTS in Bloomington. Sorry, the photo is with my iPhone.

M&P9.jpg

:rockwoot:

Furbymac the deal with the mag safety is so that you can drop the mag and render the gun useless if you were attacked and the assailant may become in controll of the gun. You would just TRY to drop the mag so he couldnt shoot you with your own gun...........best put in my words...im sure someone else can state this better.

Top Bottom