• ...and so much more!
  • SEIndSAM

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    May 14, 2011
    Ripley County
    The wife loves em, I hate em. I will usually drop her off at one and go run some errands and go back to pick her up an hour later. She scores some incredible finds.

K_W

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 14, 2008
    Indy / Carmel
    Yet again...

Chinese made propane travel grill for $9.99 (looks like it was used twice, made brats with it at the park tonight)
    1980's Aladdin 585 pump cooler in cool retro white and turd brown (used once?) $1.99
    Unused stainless steel cookware to go with the CampStove I got yesterday ~$7

Last edited:

rmabrey

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 27, 2009
    Scored this shirt for $2 a while back
    il_fullxfull.79940185.jpg

gungirl65

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 11, 2011
    Richmond
    I've never been in a Goodwill before...I've always left that store alone for people who truly need it.

(BTW, I'm very far from rich)

Have you looked at the cars in the parking lot??? Poor people can't afford to shop at Goodwill. It's more for middle class America. They have a lot of new stuff there from Target & Wal Mart. Unfortunately sometimes they price it like they think they are WM Or Target.

gungirl65

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 11, 2011
    Richmond
    Stopped in the Richmond one today & got a brand new still in the box Casio large electronic keyboard with stand for my son for $57, it retails for $99.

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    I stopped in there a few years back looking for a fridge, holy crap! They were really proud of the ones they had. I bought a brand new one at the scratch and dent store for way less than they were asking for used ones.

I do like sifting through their t-shirts, never know what you'll find.

Mog

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    Indianapolis
    The Nieces and nephews are getting a little old for this now, but *My* All Time Goodwill favorite-- go staight to the clearance racks and find the ugliest, gawdiest *sh*t* in there. (launder!) Put it in a box for the kids marked "Dress Up". They will LOVE it!! And you will be out just a couple of bucks for the whole treat!

jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia
    You can still find a great deal here and there, but some of the pricing is getting kinda crazy. I saw a used crockpot from probably the early 1980s that they were asking something like $20 for. I could go get one new for that price, why would I pay that for one that old? I go to Goodwill to find stuff for a few bucks, not nearly new prices.

I just realized that Goodwill is getting too rich for my blood. Does that mean I'm poor? I think it does.

darend505

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Dec 10, 2011
    Muncie, IN
    Have not found a good find at Goodwill in some time, but I have found some decent buys at thrift shop in Indy. Bought about 10 books for less than 10 dollars and so far have sold 8 of them for 50!

shooter1054

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 22, 2011
    South Indianapolis
    Not Goodwill but I got a couch with a recliner on each end at SA for $50. One small tear in the fabric but everything works great. Especially considering it is just for the hunting cabin.

LtScott14

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   1   0
    Apr 13, 2008
    Porter County
    Some yrs ago, our TV died. Was grocery shopping next to the "Goodwill". After loading my grocerys in the car, walked in and saw a 27 in Toshiba Tv w/remote for $40.00, figured "why not", picked it up, and brought it home.
    Still have it, hooked up to satellite convertor, works perfect. When all the flat screens came out at $1000.00, told my wife, we will wait till prices drop a little and when this dies, buy new again. 5 yrs and still waiting for the funeral. Beat Best Buy on that one!

Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    Used to go a lot, but I have so much crap around here that it's mostly going the other way these days. I do remember some bargains; got a pink pie-bird for $.35, a radial arm saw for something cheap, and an M14E2 (pistol grip) stock for $4.94. Not tellin what I sold that for :) Got a computer that was pretty hot at the time for $90, but I think all the important parts have been upgraded 1-3 times. I remember parking the Cadillac between a BMW & a Mercedes up at the Westfield one once.

Top Bottom