• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mkgr22

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 5, 2010
    Starlight, IN
    No one has mentioned this yet, as far as I can see on the boards. Gun show at the Seymour National guard armory Saturday 8:30 to 4:00, and Sunday 9:00 to 3:00.

Admission is $6, parking and coffee free.

BGDave

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    207   0   0
    Sep 15, 2011
    Beech Grove
    I always hit this show. Really odd things turn up down there. I'll be the guy with the Win. Model 12 16 gauge. Don't get excited it's been re-blued. Has shooter status.

g+16

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 8, 2009
    I always go for the free coffee, walk around and bulls++t with people and every once and a while find something I want.

DSmith78

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 29, 2012
    Indiana
    nobody mentioned it because it will suck like all the tri state gun shows. you can buy new for what people want for used stuff.

dsol

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    May 28, 2009
    Jeffersonville
    I'd go, but I'm never going to another gun show.

I have said that in the past but went to the New Albany one last month and made out like a bandit for a change. Got some Hensley and Gibbs molds for less than third of what they would sell for on castboolits and traded the Mosquito off for a Walther with a threaded barrel. First time I came home from a gunshow smiling in a long time.

VERT

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    I have not been to this show in a while. If I need a break from work maybe I will pop in.

Yoder

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 20, 2010
    Owen County
    Live report!

Tables: 80 to 100
    Crowd: pretty thick, a couple of aisles shoulder to shoulder
    New guns: maybe 25% of the tables
    Used guns: 90% of the tables
    Used guns in the crowd: very few
    Prices: range from reasonable to outrageous.
    Airsoft parts being sold for/on centerfire ARs: somewhere between 4 and 6 tables
    BO level: extreme
    Beef jerky for sale: none
    Super rare highly collectible Case knives that look exactly like the Case knives at Walmart: 4-6 tables

It was pretty much what I expected for a small show.

dukeboy_318

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 22, 2010
    in la la land
    Live report!

Tables: 80 to 100
    Crowd: pretty thick, a couple of aisles shoulder to shoulder
    New guns: maybe 25% of the tables
    Used guns: 90% of the tables
    Used guns in the crowd: very few
    Prices: range from reasonable to outrageous.
    Airsoft parts being sold for/on centerfire ARs: somewhere between 4 and 6 tables
    BO level: extreme
    Beef jerky for sale: none
    Super rare highly collectible Case knives that look exactly like the Case knives at Walmart: 4-6 tables

It was pretty much what I expected for a small show.

The chilli was pretty good, other than that, I agree with the above except for the prices, I thought 95% of the stuff there, including used guns, was well over priced, especially when compared to the 3 local gun shops in the area. Heck, I got there around 10am, saw a guy buying a used S&W 629 with a tasco scope(i had looked at it right when he came up) nothing special about it and he paid the asking price of $1250!

Brass was some what reasonable at times, other times was way high. 15 bucks / 100 cases of PMC head stamped .223 and 19 bucks for 200 Federal Large Primered 45 ACP. Granted both appeared to been cleaned in a sonic cleaner, niether were decapped or anything like that. So I thought that was outrageously priced. I did see some 45acp LP brass going for 5 bucks a hundred. Dies ranged from $15 used to $65 used, mainly Lees, a couple tables had a couple sets of RCBS dies. One table of reloading stuff was selling for prices higher than Bass Pro or Gander mountain.

I did see several Saturday night specials ranging from 150-250 bucks, most were beat up, a couple tables of hi-points going for over 200 a piece.

But yeah, like Yoder said, typical tri-state show prices.

Last edited:

Spike_351

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2012
    Scott County
    nobody mentioned it because it will suck like all the tri state gun shows. you can buy new for what people want for used stuff.

^^^ this is exactly true, and its also why i dont mind if i have to miss a gun show, like i will tomorrow because of work :( the only reason i go is to see if i can find those seemingly impossible to find firearms, such as the dragonuv which always seems to elude me.

BGDave

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    207   0   0
    Sep 15, 2011
    Beech Grove
    Bought some 7.7 Jap. brass cheap. Met the OP. Saw two .22 Colt Troopers ($800 ish). Jerky, or something like it, was right inside the front door. Bought a newish Glock mag $15. Guy had a really nice Win. 52 target rifle, think 850. Always like this show. Can count on seeing something unusual.

BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    Sorry, I missed it. I usually buy or sell something there. Had to participate and help run indoor matches yesterday. The Seymour Show always seems to conflict with the dates for our indoor winter matches.

dukeboy_318

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 22, 2010
    in la la land
    Bought some 7.7 Jap. brass cheap. Met the OP. Saw two .22 Colt Troopers ($800 ish). Jerky, or something like it, was right inside the front door. Bought a newish Glock mag $15. Guy had a really nice Win. 52 target rifle, think 850. Always like this show. Can count on seeing something unusual.
    He was selling nuts and candy, I bought a bag, pretty good.

BGDave

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    207   0   0
    Sep 15, 2011
    Beech Grove
    Nuts and candy?

He was selling nuts and candy, I bought a bag, pretty good.
    I thought i saw a Kangaroo on one of the labels. I'd starve or worse if I couldn't read. Misunderstandings can be funny. Like the time I thought I was eating crunchy shrimp. It was really frog legs.

reno

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 2, 2009
    Indiana
    You know the last GUNSHOW I attended was the Indy 1500. These smaller shows, seem to really just be interested in collecting fees at the door. Hard for me to justify this. I also prefer shows where there is a higher degree of responsibility.
    I really wonder about monitoring BO. I tend to worry more about flatulence, the silent killer in crowded aisles.

Top Bottom