• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • alfahornet

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 25, 2008
    Well I am severly pissed off at GunBroker and the minimial (ie none really) customer service they are providing. Up to this week, I have used the site both as a buyer and seller and had only positive feedback 100%. Most the seller's wrote I paid promptly for items and most the buyer's wrote they were satisfied with the item, fast shipping, exactly as described and so forth. Then this they suspend my account because of some fraudulent activity and provide no way to question their decision or appeal it.

So let me give a short version of the story now. Yesterday morning I try logging into my account to follow some auctions, just to find out that my account has been suspended due to a non-paying bidder report. One to be precise. At least I only know of one. The item in questions shows a bid having been placed from my userid. Now, I know I DID NOT bid on that item. It's an item I am not the least bit interested in and way overpriced too. The time the bid was placed assuming their time and day is correct, I was traveling and didn't even have internet access. So, I figure I contact customer support and get the matter resolved and they will re-activate my account. WRONG. 1st) the only way to contact customer service is by messages to which they respond very slowly ie. ~24hrs, 2nd) they just inform me the account has been suspended due to non-paying bidder report, do not address any of the concerns raised in my message and inform me that they do not provide any phone service and that the account will be suspended for at least 90 days possibly permanent. I send them a 2nd longer message re-requesting for an explanation and I still waiting to hear back from them. I will update this thread once I hear.

I researched this a bit last night on the web and came across dozens of people who had their accounts deactivated or suspended due to various reasons. I was wondering if anyone here has had any bad experiences with the site and staff. Up to this week I only had good experiences.

And if someone has a phone number for the site or owners, please pm me.

I believe the people I've been in business with on this site would all say that I have always come through. That I've tried to accurately describe items and didn't back out of a sale I had committed to. That is what my feedback on GB shows but they ignore to consider it.

If this was a store or normal business and they treated their customers this way I would not to business with them anymore. Just because they have a monopoly they seem to get away with it.

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    I don't think this will really help you... But it's from Whois.net

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
    WHOIS information for Guns - Online Gun Auction - Guns at GunBroker.com :
    [/FONT] [Querying whois.internic.net]
    [Redirected to whois.enom.com]
    [Querying whois.enom.com]
    [whois.enom.com]