• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • firehawk1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 15, 2010
    Between the rock and that hardplace
    My buddy called and said he has looked EVERYWHERE and cannot find propane. Lowes, Menards, Walmart, K-Mart, Tractor Supply, and a couple of other places.:noway:

I told him to check out Dicks in Metropolis and Avon. He just texted me, as I was typing. NO propane at either Dicks. They told him they sold out around 10 this morning.

Anyone know of ANYWHERE around Plainfield that has the 1lb cans of propane, PLEASE let me know!:yesway:

dom1104

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 23, 2010
    Wow. a large number of you guys are SERIOUSLY unprepared.

This storm is nothing compared to what may be coming...... :)

fastwally

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    Peru
    All stocked up, generator ready to go and 25 gal of fuel on hand. Got 3 propane tanks ready to go for the grill. :laugh: It's snowing like hell here, they say we could get up to 20" of snow. Me and the Grasshopper are ready to roll. ;)

DSC01223.jpg

Hey I'm retired, what else is there to do?

DanO

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 27, 2009
    NW IN
    Let them learn. If they heard about this storm over the weekend, like we all did, and chose not to do anything (if not already prepared), this will be their wake up call, maybe. The storm up here in NWI is suppossed to really get started tomorrow night and last through Weds night/Thurs. morning. I expect the roads to be pretty clear by THursday AM for the commute.

Being unprepared for this one probably won't kill them, but it may wake them up!

DarkRose

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    May 14, 2010
    Columbus, Indiana
    It's not doing anything in Columbus as of now. Just waiting to see if I'll have to bug out to mom and dads.

Same here, my friend north of Edinburgh said it's been sprinking/raining for about 30 minutes there, nothing in Columbus.

Seem to have a lot of different reports as to what we're getting here too. One of my dad's coworkers showed him reports from the Louisville area that showed ALL of Indiana north of Seymour getting 12"+, and the weather sites I use showing 1-2" snow after 1" of ice, dad heard 2 inches of ice, 4-6 of snow on another station...

Who knows? :dunno:

firehawk1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 15, 2010
    Between the rock and that hardplace
    If you have a empty 20#lp tank try a flying J truck stop most of them fill propane tanks.

Problem is he managed to get one of those Mr. Heater Buddy heaters and needs the 1lb canisters. I think he has a 20lb cylinder, but does not want to bring it into the house. NOT a good idea.:noway: Not even sure he has the hose to hook a 20lb cylinder up either.:dunno:

DocBoCook

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 16, 2010
    Clermont
    Problem is he managed to get one of those Mr. Heater Buddy heaters and needs the 1lb canisters. I think he has a 20lb cylinder, but does not want to bring it into the house. NOT a good idea.:noway: Not even sure he has the hose to hook a 20lb cylinder up either.:dunno:

Wally world in Camby had like 50 two packs on sunday night. Don't know about now

tyler34

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    bloomington

two options.

1. get the 20# tank and adapter to refill 1# tanks

2. go to lowes or menards and buy the 20# adapter hoses. they both have them in stock. you will need the hoses and fuel filter. the hose is $28 give or take a buck and the fuel filter is $7-$9. I have a big buddy heater and bought my hoses and filter last week.

ThrottleJockey

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 14, 2009
    Between Greenwood and Martinsville
    Why is it any worse to bring a 20lb bottle in the house than bringing a 1lb bottle in the house? I don't get the reasoning of a 20lb bottle not being okay in a house?

tyler34

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    bloomington
    Lowes in Kokomo sold out of generators by 8 this morning. It started out snowing here and is now sleeting.

I was at menards this evening picking up some gardettos and noticed they did not have a single generator. I asked the check out guy and he said they sold out by 8 in the morning.

DBH

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Carmel
    The HH6 just got home from work, so now I have firewood, vehicles in the garage, Wild Turkey, and more food:rockwoot: I am good for 15 days or so.

ThePhantom86

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 30, 2010
    Columbus
    We should be good to go here. Fired up the generator for the first time, just in case. Food, water, ammo are a plenty unless it goes down hill in a hurry.

Top Bottom