• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • malern28us

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 26, 2009
    Huntington, Indiana
    We just ran out and purchased a camping stove that walmart had clearanced for 30 bucks, two of the 5 gallon collapsible water containers, 10 more gallons of gas (just in case), some more propane cannisters, and going to pick up 5 more gallons of kerosene tomorrow and refill the 30 lb propane tank.

DarkRose

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    May 14, 2010
    Columbus, Indiana
    Prepping me and my 3 year old to bug out to my parents if the lines go down, we're in an apartment, no generator.

Mom and dad have a wood burning stove they heat with all winter, dad's already got water jugs filled (they're on well water, no power = no pump), we're good for a week or more over there just in case...

Speaking off, that lends me to start a new thread...

Bazooka Joe

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 12, 2010
    South Central Indiana
    Looks like I will be buying some propane tanks for my portable water heater/shower and stacking more wood on the porch, buying more chicken feed, and getting some more gas for duel fuel coleman lantern. Generator would be nice, but not too much use for one myself especially if its cold enough outside for the food.

ralphb72

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 11, 2008
    Greens Fork, IN
    Well I don't have a generator, have a couple of lanterns and plenty of wood for the fireplace and kerosene for the heater. If we get Ice and wind , I will be at work (RP&L). Say a prayer for all those who are out trying to get the power restored!

moischmoe

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 14, 2010
    Noble County, IN
    indianaii11.jpg

14-16 inches of snow in my area. I hope for once, they are right! They always seem to over estimate snow amounts. I'm usually sorely disapointed by snowfall forecasts. Anyone else like the snow? I know Christmas is over, but it still makes me want to bust out some Bing Crosby.

firehawk1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 15, 2010
    Between the rock and that hardplace
    I'm SUPPOSED to head back over to Columbus Ohio on Tuesday afternoon to work over there. Talked to my coworker this evening and told him "don't think THAT'S gonna happen".:noway:

Last place I want is to be out on I 70 in the middle of BFE in an ice storm. Kroger can wait!:rolleyes:

ThrottleJockey

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 14, 2009
    Between Greenwood and Martinsville
    I'm not too worried, we heat entirely with wood and can cook that way too and I just picked up another chord of ash Saturday. We keep a pretty good supply of everything we need, bare minimum of 6 months worth (used to be a year). Have a 4X4, filled the tank yesterday. A sustained power outage would suck since we don't have a generator but I can use the car battery with my inverter to keep the computer running or "other small electrics". If it were to last too long I could always find an old alternator to spin with a weed eater motor or something to keep the inverter going.......I hope a lot of trees come down so I can start to stock up on wood for next winter:D:cool:

jim b

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    I'm not sure where that last map came from but it looks like they moved Indy into the middle of Hamilton County.

Top Bottom