• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 451_Detonics

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 28, 2010
    North Central Indiana
    Both work, just personal preference. Serrations are easy enough to sharpen with a little knowledge and they do cut tough materials well. They are better for long cutting chores as they will keep cutting longer than a plain edge in many cases.

It's Ford versus Chevy....

GlenD65

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2009
    Hamilton County, IN
    Both work, just personal preference. Serrations are easy enough to sharpen with a little knowledge and they do cut tough materials well. They are better for long cutting chores as they will keep cutting longer than a plain edge in many cases.

It's Ford versus Chevy....

I agree. The reason those crappy Ginsu knives will cut for so long without being sharpened is because of the serrations. The points of the serrations protect the inner curve. I still prefer my plain edge knives over serrated for most tasks but as long as you don't need a good looking cut, you can't beat serrations for rapid shearing of fibrous materials.

Like plain edge knives, serrated edges are are not hard to sharpen if you don't let them get extremely dull.

copper

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Jun 20, 2009
    Shelby County
    My New Serrated Edge Knife...

picture.php

tyler34

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    bloomington
    I like a combo. Those teeth really cut through rope, but I dont want a fully serrated blade.

wrong the teeth SAW through rope. come see me at the 1500 I'll do a little demo that will make you change your mind. when serrations can push cut rope then I'll change my stance.

Top Bottom