• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 21, 2009
    In a fog
    That is one day that people remember where they where and what they were doing when they heard the news of the attacks. It is up to us to educate the young and never forget the meaning of that horrible day and what it did to this country.

JJGatesE30

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jul 22, 2010
    That is one day that people remember where they where and what they were doing when they heard the news of the attacks.

I was still sleeping, 6 something AM, west coast at the time, my roommate knocked on my door and woke me up because what was on the news...I was up from then on, late for work, and then basically a zombie at work all day just listening to the news. I was pretty close to enlisting that week.

Hated it.

Citronman1980

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 17, 2010
    McCordsville, IN
    I was in the Navy at the time and standing duty on my base in Bethesda, Md on that tragic day...

I'll never forget hearing the tones on base and getting the call from my senior chief to get down to security to grab a side arm and shotgun and get to the front gate. He ordered me to stand my post and challenge anyone that was not authorized to be on base (anyone that was not military) with whatever force was needed.

As I'm standing gate duty and watching the first cloud of smoke rise from the Pentagon, I turn around and notice two of my Devil Dog friends on the roof with their rifles. To add to confusion, we had no radio service ( over crowded) and we had no cell service either.

It was a long day. I slept very minimal for the next two weeks. Whenever I talk about the events that happened I can recall everything that happened that day. Everything from the tones to the smell of the trees and even the knot in my stomach.

Colt556

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Avon
    I had just gotten home from a 12 hour night shift in the ICU. I turned on the TV and saw the news and thought it was a fire in the building or something. As I was watching I saw the 2nd plane fly into the 2nd tower live on tv! I was like WTF????? I had to call my friend who I worked with that night and we talked about it for hours as the news played on tv. Didn't get any sleep that day. These cowards killed more people, innocent men, women and children, than the Japanese did during the attack on Pearl Harbor! I will never forget and I will never forgive! :patriot::patriot::patriot:

Ski

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 7, 2010
    Indy
    I was in the Navy on the USS Enterprise and remember being so happy that day. We had just left the Persian Gulf after being there for 8-10 weeks and we were starting a long trip home. We were going to go around the tip of Africa instead of thru the Suez Canal. Needless to say we didn't head for home that day but at least we didn't have to go back into the Gulf.

Someone had turned the tv on after the first plane hit and I watched with only casual interest until the 2nd plane. I felt sick when another hit the Pentagon and extremely helpless and po'd when yet another went down in PA. I kept waiting for the next one.

I can't imagine what it was like to be in the US when it happened, the feeling of helplessness. I guess I was lucky to be on the ship, at least we felt like we were doing something when we started flying bombing missions soon after.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 7, 2010
    (INDY-BRipple)
    Today, I got in my car, and heard a reply of the seconds just after the attack, and I swear it sounded like another one, almost got me as angry as I was back then.

Frith for all victims and those who sacrificed.

Bucky623

Master
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    Northern Indiana
    On 9/11/2001, I was about to leave the office/shop to deliver some material to one of the crews and the secretary mentioned something about a fire at the WTC. She said it was probably another kitchen fire. I headed out and made a stop at the local bait shop. The TV was on and the owner and I stood there watching in shock for hours. People came and went but not many stayed more than a few minutes watching the TV. The Coke/Pepsi guy made a delivery that morning and I told him that two planes had flown into the two WTC towers. He said “ya… that’ll teach um.”
    n00b.gif
    :dunno:

Around noon I made my delivery and went home. When I got to the back door I found it had been forced open and two of my handguns were gone. I called the sheriffs department and the deputy that responded said off duty officers had been called in just in case something happened around here. He had been assigned to watch the high school.

Some time later, (A few weeks or months. I don’t know how long it had been since 9/11.) I was working on a building in Royal Center and I noticed that there were a lot of jets flying over. It was overcast so I couldn’t see them but they were flying from west to east and one or two every ten to fifteen minutes. I remember thinking “somebody’s going to get it…. I wonder how many will die before this is over?”

It’s nine years later and we still don’t know the answer to that question.

Bucky

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    That is one day that people remember where they where and what they were doing when they heard the news of the attacks. It is up to us to educate the young and never forget the meaning of that horrible day and what it did to this country.

Every year, we watch the dvds and documentaries from that day. Sean was a few days short of his 2nd birthday when this happened, and we intend to make sure he never forgets. We watch the dvds, we tell him the stories, and make sure he knows of the evil that happened.

This is the first year the stories of people holding hands and jumping, the sounds of their bodies impacting in the videos, the pictures of people falling, has really hit him. As he faces the fact that Dee-Dee has cancer and he may lose his aunt, it's the first year it's really hit him that he came within a mile or so of losing her 9 years ago.

browncofiddler

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 18, 2010
    Brown County
    Never, never forget that day, 9/11/2001 or the brave men & women of the FDNY & NYPD whose bravery knows no bounds in their service to others.

God bless the victims, the survivors and the rescuers who lived this nightmare and attack on our soil.

Never forget who inflicted this attack upon America. :bat:

Neo46121

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 8, 2009
    Putnam County
    Amen AC......Amen.

As long as we remember, then the lives lost on that fateful day will have been in vain. My heart goes out to those who lost anyone in those attacks. Stay vigilant, and never forget. God bless all of you and your families

RachelMarie

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 9, 2009
    I'll never forget, how could someone forget something like that. I think of that day often.
    I was visiting my Mother in rural Indiana from our house in Chicago. My boyfriend (Now husband) was at our house in the Chicago area and I couldn't get the phone call to go through. When I saw it all on TV, I thought it was a Movie. In all honesty, it didn't dawn on me it was real until I kept changing the channel to find the footage on EVERY channel out there. My family started calling in from all over Indiana sobbing. I sat in front of that TV for hours, praying it would stop. I was terrified Chicago was next, and terrified we'd lose thousands (and we did). It took 2 hours before I got ahold of Doug, those two hours felt like a lifetime. I remember the tears....the anger and the emotion of it all.

Top Bottom