• ...and so much more!
  • Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    Say it with me. Overkill.

Even if its perfectly reasonable to arrest them every one of them for standing in the wrong spot, why is the solution to deploy a battalion of militarized clowns with riot shields?

You guys ever hear the saying, "when all you have is a hammer, everything starts to look like a nail"? That's what this reminds me of. They jump at the chance to deploy all their tacticool military gear and use it against the most harmless protesters. Is it an intimidation thing? Is it a power thing?
    There in NO military gear involved there. They are actually Nerf suits. NOTHING they are carrying is even ballistic rated. They are employing crowd control that keeps EVERYONE safe. You deploy too few officers and they can get overwhelmed with the deliberate chaos putting all parties at greater risk. That looks like a single squad...bare minimum in crowd control.

I can't wait to run into these guys at the next peaceful Open Carry rally. I don't expect you guys to understand.
    You already have...we are EVERYWHERE ;) but we are not wearing the turtle gear, it is left in the cars. We have squads man every race, Black Expo, Circle City Classic, Final Four, NCAA Tourney, all the OC walks (2 of them), Colts games, etc. We only gear up if needed. All the rallies we have had at the Statehouse lately and we have yet needed to gear up. These videoed protesters blocked the street/intersection on purpose. They WANT a confrontation with the police, that is why they block the street. Regular uniforms will ask the group blocking to move. Only once they refuse to move are we sent in. Unless your group plans to act like a horses butt during an OC rally, you will never see the turtle suits.

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    Overkill??? My idea of a fair fight between a police officer and an offender is twelve cops on a paraplegic.
    Is this a serious comment? From the bouts that I have seen, one cop is enough to beat up a paraplegic.

All these cops want is to go home to their families safe, every night.
    I'm sure the citizens would enjoy the same courtesy. Nobody resisted WHATSOEVER.

What I am hearing you say is that you are willing to deploy any level of against peaceful citizens committing measly infractions? Is every citizen demonstration so threatening to you?

They are at this demonstration because they were ordered to be there.
    I get it. Just followin' orders.

Perhaps we all need to remove our personal feelings, associations, and employment statuses from the situation for a moment. Is it possible to look at a systematic problem without always feeling the urgent need to justify everything that every bloody police department in America does? It is okay for you to say, yeah, this is a hell of an extreme response to a peaceful protest, composed of mainly older people. Can we objectively critique our government's oppression of citizens for a moment without feeling like we are betraying our brothers in blue?

I bet they could have sent in 6 nursing home orderlies to accomplish what 100 officers did. :cool:

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    Yeah, I don't think I do understand the sentence before the bolded part...Can you elaborate?

No, before somebody jumps my case about it, I didn't mean it "like that."

I am trying to demonstrate why we gun owners be concerned when peaceful demonstrations are treated this way. We all supposedly have our common interested in supporting gun rights and we too have our little rallies. I would hate to be roadblocked and surrounded this way during a peaceful assembly.

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    Is this a serious comment? From the bouts that I have seen, one cop is enough to beat up a paraplegic.
    And one gun owner is enough to shoot up an entire room full of people. But neither have anything to do with the video.

I'm sure the citizens would enjoy the same courtesy. Nobody resisted WHATSOEVER.
    Refusing orders to clear the street IS resisting.

What I am hearing you say is that you are willing to deploy any level of against peaceful citizens committing measly infractions? Is every citizen demonstration so threatening to you?
    Resisting is a crime and so is willfully blocking the street to vehicle traffic...

Perhaps we all need to remove our personal feelings, associations, and employment statuses from the situation for a moment. Is it possible to look at a systematic problem without always feeling the urgent need to justify everything that every bloody police department in America does? It is okay for you to say, yeah, this is a hell of an extreme response to a peaceful protest, composed of mainly older people. Can we objectively critique our government's oppression of citizens for a moment without feeling like we are betraying our brothers in blue?

I bet they could have sent in 6 nursing home orderlies to accomplish what 100 officers did. :cool:
    You cannot even get a consensus here on whether there is even "oppression" present in this video. You seem to be the only one and that is saying A LOT on this board. What exactly would you do to get these protesters to move. Code Pink trains their protesters to stand fast. They train to cause a scene and draw officers and counter protesters into a "fight" so they look better. There were no swinging batons or fists, no blows landed, no pepperballs, CS deployed. Not sure how much less you want them to do to move them from the roadway.

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    I would hate to be roadblocked and surrounded this way during a peaceful assembly.
    Sitting in the intersection of a street and refusing to move no longer equals "peaceful". If your group has to be forcibly removed from the street...it is not peaceful. You cannot block city streets. Move off the street and you can protest until the cows come home.

ihateiraq

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 25, 2009
    Upinya
    Sitting in the intersection of a street and refusing to move no longer equals "peaceful". If your group has to be forcibly removed from the street...it is not peaceful. You cannot block city streets. Move off the street and you can protest until the cows come home.
    id be more than pleased to let them have their peaceful protest in the middle of the street. just give me the same hands off treatment when i peacefully run them over.

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake

I really don't think this is difficult to comprehend and I'm not even that bright.

flagtag

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Westville, IL

I get it. Just followin' orders.

Didn't someone say that Code Pink was there as well? Yeah, that's peaceful!

Prometheus

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Northern Indiana
    I didn't see any brutality.

Did I see a totally over board turn out of manpower? Yes. Brutality? No.

That said, I believe there should be a law PROHIBITING police from obscuring their faces (except in extreme cases of protecting under cover cops on raids).

It's disgraceful to see so many cowards hiding behind masks. It should be an embarrassment to every decent officer.

To recap: Way too many cops? Yes. Some cowards hiding behind masks? Yes. Brutality? Not that I saw.

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica

There was no violence on the protesters part. People sitting on the ground are peaceful. You can make the point that blocking streets is illegal, but there is no case to be made about them not being peaceful.

That's the point of these protests. You absorb enough beatings, water cannons, arrests, and dog bites for your cause, and if successful, awareness grows and the laws/policies are changed. Some causes are worth the struggle.
    define: peaceful protest

Nonviolent resistance (or nonviolent action) is the practice of achieving socio-political goals through symbolic protests, civil disobedience, economic or political noncooperation, and other methods, without using violence.

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    Did you seriously post a screenshot from the video game Fallout NewVegas, and try to pass it off as "a photo taken near Quantico, VA"?

Please Click through to the following.....
    fallout new vegas, remnants - Google Search

The whole post was laced with so much sarcasm I thought that nobody would mistake a cartoon graphic for an actual photograph. Just trying to lighten the mood. Surely you got the Power Armor reference too. :):

jdhaines

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 24, 2009
    Toledo, OH
    Was that Obama taking video?

obama_camera.JPG

TopDog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    There was no violence on the protesters part. People sitting on the ground are peaceful. You can make the point that blocking streets is illegal, but there is no case to be made about them not being peaceful.

That's the point of these protests. You absorb enough beatings, water cannons, arrests, and dog bites for your cause, and if successful, awareness grows and the laws/policies are changed. Some causes are worth the struggle.

Thanks to threads like this one and many similar my awareness has increased. I'm more aware that people like code pink will go to ridiculous lengths in an attempt to fool people into thinking their theatrics are valid protests when they are nothing but pathetic attempts for attention by sorry damaged people. I dont know what thier causes are, when I see the obvious trickery employed by these kinds of protesters I discount them, their cause and everything they have to say as invalid.

No sarcasm intended, if they want to be taken seriously and not seen as running a con they need to cut out the faking of being abused.

Last edited:

DocGlock86

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 5, 2008
    Plainfield

Peaceful - untroubled by conflict, agitation, or commotion
    Reference: http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/peaceful?show=0&t=1300857707

Sitting on a street blocking traffic sounds like it could cause agitation and possibly commotion. :dunno:

IDK though maybe we should go protest on 465 during rush hour traffic, ignore request from authorities to move, and see if we get the same treatment???

Gabriel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jun 3, 2010
    The shore of wonderful Lake Michigan
    Peaceful - untroubled by conflict, agitation, or commotion
    Reference: http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/peaceful?show=0&t=1300857707

Sitting on a street blocking traffic sounds like it could cause agitation and possibly commotion. :dunno:

Just look at the thread where the guy blocked his own private drive that people were using to see how angry your average joe gets when his route is blocked by a bunch of protesters (or the doors to a private busines for that matter).

Top Bottom