• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    I figured we'd see more cops patrolling school hallways. Maybe they'll jump straight to using soldiers instead. :n00b:

Boxer proposes letting governors use National Guard troops to increase school security
    While not ruling out the possibility of military-clad National Guard troops at school entrances, Boxer also said those troops could be used to help improve infrastructure at schools or relieve police officers from desk work that would allow the police departments to assign more cops to schools.

Boxer pointed to the $640 billion national defense bill and argued that some of those funds should be used to protect schools.

“Is it not part of the national defense to make sure our children are safe?” Boxer said.

7888695356_aa48062d0a.jpg

Last edited:

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    At least she's finally showing her true colours. She's just as big a police statist as all the rest. Sadly, there will be a few who embrace her lunacy.

poptab

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2012
    Havent they done this before... I think they called it... hmmm... Kent State?

Exo594

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 22, 2012
    I'm somewhat against this, but how do you guys feel if they were retired military men, not formally employed by the feds, but by the school district? Even perhaps placed in a teaching role?

Cerberus

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 27, 2011
    Floyd County
    I'm somewhat against this, but how do you guys feel if they were retired military men, not formally employed by the feds, but by the school district? Even perhaps placed in a teaching role?

Acting only under civil authority with limited jurisdiction is fine.

rgrimm01

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 4, 2011
    Sullivan County, IN
    Considering that the military's purpose and therefore training is in stark contrast to guarding children and the rights afforded US citizens, just how would this work? This strikes me as a horrible idea.

Top Bottom