• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • millsusaf

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 8, 2008
    Carmel
    I have been trying daily to email Senator Donnelly but this website isn't up yet.

So this morning I called Joe Donnelly's office today regard this assault on the 2nd Amendment and to get a update on his website. The lady I spoke with would not tell me the Senator's position on the 2nd because she didn't want to accidently interject her thoughts on the matter (that could not have been good) and that the website and his position on the matter would be up later this week. I do not have a good feeling about Sen. Donnelly, please call him and let him know what you think.

202-224-4814

I am afraid this website thing is by design so that he can say well I just didn't hear any opposition to my opinion so I did what I felt was best for you.

Please call. Thanks

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    I called again today and advised of my opposition to any magazine size restrictions, AWB or any other additional gun control measures. She seemed quite friendly.

Kmcinnes

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2011
    Hendricks County
    I just called, got the same answer. She said we would like to take your opinions on it, and I said that I wanted Sen. Donnellys opinion since he would be voting on my behalf. I called her out on it letting her know it was strangely convenient that there is no way to contact him. She said it just like a new business wouldn't have a web site up until they had been open for a while, and I said as a business owner that all new businesses would have a web site up prior to opening their doors. So asked if Sen. Donnelly fully supported the 2a or not and she said that she could not answer that because I added fully to it? I said shall not be infringed means fully supported! Burn up the phone and let them know where we stand!

Liberty1911

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 25, 2012
    I'm glad we didn't end up with that crazy tea party wacko Mourdock. We wouldn't have to worry about his 2A stance which actually affects our constitutional rights, but at least millions of women can sleep soundly now since Donnelly doesn't believe in "legitimate rape".

The cruel irony is, if further gun control is enacted, and Donnelly votes for it, he will in fact have increased a woman's chances of being legitimately raped.

Kmcinnes

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2011
    Hendricks County
    And you believe her because?

Considering I have sent about 30 emails to it and have yet to get a response, than maybe her word is good on that one. Just relaying what was said, you are welcome to send email to an account that is not being checked/responded to or you can pick up the phone and call directly.

Willie

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 24, 2010
    Warrick County
    Considering I have sent about 30 emails to it and have yet to get a response, than maybe her word is good on that one. Just relaying what was said, you are welcome to send email to an account that is not being checked/responded to or you can pick up the phone and call directly.

No bounces?

I'm doing both...I'll bet if we checked every new senator's site he would be the only one not up wth a "contact me" page..

superdave_611

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2011
    Joe Donnely said he supports the Second Amendment, but to him that means you have a right to a flint lock rifle to hunt bison with. Seriously, how many times did the guy use the word "extremists" to describe people like us, as if we were just al-Qaida without the beards?

Jason R. Bruce

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 6, 2011
    Southern Indiana
    She said they cannot start on the website, by law, until the Senator is swarn in. That's why they are running behind.

When asked where Donnelly stands on the current issues surrounding our 2nd Amendment, she said to google up some newspaper articles from past quotes but she could not speak for him. I asked if perhaps he could speak for him, she laughed.

I asked if Donnelly's 2A opinions would be expressed on the upcoming website (promised this week). She said she wasn't sure but a comment form would be available on there so we could express our concerns to him.

If you have a brief message for Donelly she will take it down in writing. That's your best shot at letting him know how you feel.

Personally, I bet the best way to catch Donnelly's attention is by tearing up this phone number and keeping this woman busy. When he comes back in the office and see's her desk covered in Post-It's, hair all a mess, and eyes bulging out... she'll hold up a note saying "PRO-GUN CALLS!!!" as he passes by.

Keep her busy, she'll get his ear sooner than we will.

202-224-4814

Takes 90 seconds. Ask for Joe (be nieve). Ask where he stands on the AWB and 2A issues. Give her your brief message. She's good... she won't waste your time or put you on hold.

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 26, 2010
    For what it is worth, he and his aides may be more inclined to listen to those swing voters who flopped at the last minute to vote in his favor. People from this group got him elected and your views as a swing voter who refuses any restriction on firearms is likely to be more effective than the guy who voted for his opponent. Hint hint.

10Forward

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 7, 2013
    Greenfield
    Didn't Donnelly get an "A" rating from the NRA before the election? Seems to me, if I remember correctly, both he and Mourdock had one.
    Of course, that rating may not actually mean anything - I'll defer to those better versed in NRA ratings of politicians...

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    Didn't Donnelly get an "A" rating from the NRA before the election? Seems to me, if I remember correctly, both he and Mourdock had one.
    Of course, that rating may not actually mean anything - I'll defer to those better versed in NRA ratings of politicians...

An A from the NRA doesn't mean much.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    The NRA grades politicians by their votes on certain pieces of gun legislation. The NRA will tell everyone (the pols) on those specified pieces of legislation that they will be scoring it. They are then on notice that if they want an A rating from them, they have to vote for our side on that legislation. So Donnelly has voted our way on those votes in the past.

A lot of the naysayers decried the NRA for supporting (didn't endorse him) Harry Reid. Now we find out why they did so. Reid supported them (and us) by putting into the Obamacare legislation, passages that protected gun owners. This has been discussed in other threads I believe. We may find out how interested Reid is in maintaining that A rating in the upcoming fight.

01deuce

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 8, 2009
    walkerton
    When he was a congressmen he would tell us one thing and vote how the party told him to (health care) said he did not support it and then voted for it.

I would not expect much from him!

Top Bottom