• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • WETSU

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    I received this letter from Senator Coats office yesterday. It clearly outlines his stance on further gun legislation. It's short and sweet.

Coats, Senators Tell Reid To Protect Second Amendment
    Group of lawmakers vows to “oppose any legislation that would infringe on the American people’s constitutional right to bear arms”

WASHINGTON, DC – Senator Dan Coats (R-Ind.) today joined a group of senators in writing to Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid (D-Nev.) to express their support for the Second Amendment rights of law-abiding citizens. The letter, led by Senator Rand Paul (R-Ky.), expresses that the lawmakers will oppose any legislation affecting the constitutional right to bear arms.

The full text of the letter to Reid is below:

Dear Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid,
    We, the undersigned, intend to oppose any legislation that would infringe on the American people’s constitutional right to bear arms, or on their ability to exercise this right without being subjected to government surveillance.
    The Second Amendment to the Constitution protects citizens’ right to self-defense. It speaks to history’s lesson that government cannot be in all places at all times, and history’s warning about the oppression of a government that tries.
    We will oppose the motion to proceed to any legislation that will serve as a vehicle for any additional gun restrictions.

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    I'm sure it won't happen, but O'Donnell needs to be pushed to sign this letter as well.

Tell him it's no longer sufficient to simply say you oppose more gun control. Put it in writing. Make your voice heard.
    "I want to see you on t.v. opposing more gun control measures of ANY kind."

Willie

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 24, 2010
    Warrick County
    I'm sure it won't happen, but O'Donnell needs to be pushed to sign this letter as well.

Tell him it's no longer sufficient to simply say you oppose more gun control. Put it in writing. Make your voice heard.

You mean Donnelly?

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009

Rosie? :dunno:

Garand41

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2013
    Trafalgar
    Fantastic for Sen. Coats. I also, don't think Donnelly will do anything but go with the democratic flow and kiss up to Obama. EVERYONE, remember him next election!!

Paul30

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 16, 2012
    Looks like Donnelly needs some encouragement.

The Mayors Against Illegal Guns have changed the TV ads they’re running here in Indiana. It’s because Senator Joe Donnelly came out in support of background checks this week during a visit to Fort Wayne. The ads previously called on Indiana voters to urge both Donnelly, a Democrat, and GOP Senator Dan Coats to support background checks.
    The ads now mention only Senator Coats. They feature a gun owner who says he says that he uses guns to hunt and protect his family. He says he supports the 2nd amendment but wants comprehensive background checks, “So criminals and the dangerously mentally ill can’t buy guns,” the ad says. “That protects my rights and my family.” An announcer then says, “Tell Senator Coats, don’t protect criminals!”
    A spokeswoman for Senator Coats, Tara DiJulio, told New 8 that the Senator will carefully review the details of the final legislation. He also believes that more should be done to enforce existing laws on background checks. And, DiJulio said, Coats is concerned that current proposal infringe on the rights of law-abiding gun owners.
    Mayor Dennis Tyler of Muncie is one of the Indiana members of the Mayors Against Illegal Guns. They are also gathering petitions in support of gun reforms.

Gun Control ads no longer target Sen. Donnelly | Indiana | onPolitix

UNLOCKEM

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 7, 2013
    Got the same email and responded to Coates and Donnelly.
    Mayor Buttigieg of South Bend is also part of the "Mayors Against the 2nd Amendment" or whatever they like to call it. He's just one of Bloomberg's cronies.

Top Bottom