• melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    ANTI-Gun Democrat SHOOTS home invader

Anyone see this reported by the MSM :whistling:

It is an AP story so it was put out for the MSM to report, but I have not seen any mention of it on TV/Radio or even major Internet news sources.

Sheriff: NC senator shoots intruder at his home
    August 23, 2009 By The Associated Press
    Sheriff: NC senator shoots intruder at his home

TABOR CITY, N.C. (AP) — A sheriff says North Carolina's longest serving state lawmaker has shot one of two intruders who kicked in the front door of his home.

Columbus County Sheriff Chris Batten tells The Star-News of Wilmington that 74-year-old state Sen. R.C. Soles shot the man who was taken to a hospital.

The sheriff's office referred a call from The Associated Press to the State Bureau of Investigation. An SBI spokeswoman did not immediately return a call.

The SBI is investigating a man's claim that Soles tried to fondle him more than a decade ago when the man was a teenager. The accuser later said he made up the story. Soles has not been charged and denies the accusation.

Calls to a number listed for Soles' Tabor City home went unanswered. Soles has been in the General Assembly for 40 years.​

And now the REST of the story

This guy is actually an ANTI-GUN politician hypocrite!!!

Breaking: NC Gun Control Democrat RC Soles Shoots Intruder
    Breaking: NC Gun Control Democrat RC Soles Shoots Intruder John Jacob H’s RKBA Commentary

rcsolesgunrating3.jpg

Here we go again!

Raleigh Constitutent alerts us to another Democrat hypocrite armed with a firearm who defends himself after a career of gun control advocacy. So Senator, is your life worth more than We, The Peasants?

As posted on the in- state 2nd Amendment Civil Rights Organization Grass Roots North Carolina website 2008 Voter Evaluation Guide Senator Soles voting record on the Right To Keep And Bear Arms was evaluated at *ONE* Star.
    CLICK HERE

Now, it could have been worse, most diehard Democrats in North Carolina are proud of their *ZERO* star rating. It remains unknown as to how many of them own home defense firearms.

Could it be that BECAUSE he is ANTI-GUN the media is passing on the story to protect his voting record from being made public :popcorn:

RCB

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 17, 2009
    Near Bedford
    Ha! That's too much. Well, I wonder if he will be keeping a tighter lip in the future. Doubtful. Well, he should now know that he opponents will have a few things for him in the next election in regards to gun control :)

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    my reply to editor:

Isn't it interesting that after a lifetime of supporting legislation that hurts law-abiding gun owners' right to bear arms, N.C. State Senator R.C. Soles (Democrat) shot an intruder in his home? Wouldn't the correct response in his anti-gun perspective be to call 9-1-1 when two thugs enter your home and wait 5-10 minutes to be saved?

In all honesty, anyone who breaks into someone's home deserves to be shot. The senator did the right thing, for once in his career. Hopefully now he sees that his anti-gun solution to all of life's problems is inherently flawed. Evil exists in the world and we will not always be able to hide under our beds from it. Sometimes we must stand up and defend our families with a firearm.

Hopefully this Anti-gun democrat senator has had an epiphany from this event, and his future voting record regarding oppressive gun laws reveals as much. I find it to be the height of hypocrisy when someone votes to suppress legal citizens from owning firearms when they themselves feel the need to own them or have armed bodyguards.

DeadeyeChrista'sdad

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Feb 28, 2009
    winchester/farmland
    Sorta makes one wish one were IN that senate, so's one could call out each senator who on roll call votes who votes AGAINST RKBA issues and ask him/her if they own a firearm. Curious, ain't it?

EdC

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 12, 2008
    Speedway, IN
    Ironic, yes, but before I'm prepared to call the guy a hypocrite, I'd like to know what he voted for or against. There are those who advocate gun control, but are ok with keeping a firearm in the home. I just don't know what the one star rating means. The senator could have a voting record supporting registration of handguns and a waiting period, or even be opposed to concealed carry, for example, yet keep a gun in his home without being a hypocrite.

Now if a pol was against concealed carry for all but obtained for himself a "special" permit, that I would call hypocritical.

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    Here's his legislative background. He's consistently avoided answering Project Votesmart's Political Courage Test. No Gun related votes show up, but you can see the rest of his anti-liberty record. The NRA has rated him as an A, for what that's worth. (Harry Reid is also highly rated by the NRA).

lumpy39us

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    Anti-Gun Senator shoots intruder

A month ago;

Aug 24, 2009

74-year-old N.C. state senator shoots, wounds intruder at his home | Richmond Times-Dispatch

Long time Anti-Gun Advocate State Senator R.C. Soles, 74, shot one of two intruders at his home just outsideTabor City, N.C. about 5 p.m. Sunday, the prosecutor for the politician's home county said.

The victim, Kyle Blackburn, was taken to a South Carolina hospital, but the injuries were not reported to be life-threatening, according to Rex Gore, district attorney for Columbus, Bladen and Brunswick counties.

The State Bureau of Investigation and Columbus County Sheriff's Department are investigating the shooting, Gore said. Soles, who was not arrested, declined to discuss the incident Sunday evening.

"I am not in a position to talk to you," Soles said by telephone. "I'm right in the middle of an investigation."

Soles, a top-ranking Democrat and the longest-serving member of the legislature, already was the subject of an SBI investigation over sexual misconduct allegations with former male clients. (FHW - Now, that sounds more like a liberal to me).

The Senator, who has made a career of being against gun ownership for the general public, didn't hesitate to defend himself with his own gun when he believed he was in immediate danger and he was the victim.

In typical hypocritical liberal fashion, the "Do As I Say And Not As I Do" Anti-Gun Activist Lawmaker picked up his gun and took action in what apparently was a self-defense shooting. Why hypocritical you may ask? It is because his long legislative record shows that the actions that he took to protect his family, his own response to a dangerous life threatening situation, are actions that he feels ordinary citizens should not have if they were faced with an identical situation.

It has prompted some to ask if the Senator believes his life and personal safety is more valuable than yours or mine. But, this is to be expected from those who believe they can run our lives, raise our kids, and protect our families better than we can.

danielocean03

Come in, Manacle Shark.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Hamilton County
    Not surprising in the least but the sad thing is, he may actually have nothing against guns. It seems that the vast majority of democrats do have anti-gun stances, and if it's popular, senators and congressmen typically just follow along with whatever their party does. Makes me wonder what he really believes, regardless of his voting history. Just goes to show how brainwashed and whacked-out some of these people in charge really are.

INGunGuy

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 1, 2008
    Jeffersonville, Indiana
    A month ago;

Aug 24, 2009

74-year-old N.C. state senator shoots, wounds intruder at his home | Richmond Times-Dispatch

Long time Anti-Gun Advocate State Senator R.C. Soles, 74, shot one of two intruders at his home just outsideTabor City, N.C. about 5 p.m. Sunday, the prosecutor for the politician's home county said.

The victim, Kyle Blackburn, was taken to a South Carolina hospital, but the injuries were not reported to be life-threatening, according to Rex Gore, district attorney for Columbus, Bladen and Brunswick counties.

VICTIM??? What the hell is that all about? VICTIM.... Sounds like the suspect to me, the bad guy, the worthless POS that was breaking into someone's home. How the hell could they call him the VICTIM?

SHEESH!!!!!!!!!!!

INGunGuy

czar996

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 6, 2009
    The victim here is the senator. He had to spend the money for a bullet. He should send Mr. Blackburn a bill for the lead used. Ammo isn't cheap these days!

Clif45

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 9, 2009
    Lake Station
    This could also be set up for a "no weapons zone" argument as well. Sine the Senator has such as strong opposition to firearms, why would he have one in his house. The attackers probably thought it would be an easy hit since there shouldn't be any opposition. Just another point of view about another argument.

henktermaat

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    This could also be set up for a "no weapons zone" argument as well. Sine the Senator has such as strong opposition to firearms, why would he have one in his house. The attackers probably thought it would be an easy hit since there shouldn't be any opposition. Just another point of view about another argument.

That's exactly what I was thinking. Too bad the poor thugs didn't figure liberal hypocracy into their plan that night... :rolleyes:

Hotdoger

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 9, 2008
    Boone County, In.
    Another typical typical DO AS I SAY , NOT AS I DO DEMOCRAT.
    Reminds me of Al gore and his global warming BS.
    How anyone could pull the lever for one is beyond me.

I have a hard enough time pulling the lever for any Republican but would never vote for a DEM.
    Me and my familes safety comes before any of those idiots.

wtfd661

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Dec 27, 2008
    North East Indiana
    And yet once again I'm curious as to why this wasn't a larger story. Why didn't the "mass media" make a bigger deal out of this. A congressman proven to be a hypocrite (as if we didn't already know that :D). My bet if this was a Republican found in a compromising position then it would have been all over the media for months. But since it puts a black eye on the media's gun bashing take them from the peasants/common folks agenda then lets sweep it under the rug. :xmad:

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Michael.
    Top Bottom