• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MCINDIANA

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 23, 2016
    Michigan City
    Donnelly's timing on Friday. Usually, he waits and waits. My thoughts … 1. He wants to vote the Dems party line, but does not want to lose votes in the election. 2. Wednesday Joe said he would like to see a FBI investigation. 3. Friday Flake says he will vote for Flake. 4. Donnelly then announces that he will vote against Kavanaugh during the session ... needs FBI investigation and he thinks he is safe. 5. Then Flake changes his mind wants the FBI investigation for his vote for Kavanaugh. Now Donnelly is screwed because he thought that investigation was not going to happen and the vote will be on Tuesday where he would be safe with no without the FBI investigation.

Call Donnelly at 202-224-4814 and tell his aid what you think. I called today and I said to his aid, "This call will be short … If Joe votes against Kavanaugh, I will definitely vote against Joe in November ". Your calls do make a difference!

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    T'would be more compelling if it were self-professed Dems who are disgusted by the partisan attacks that are irrelevant to his qualification. He's afraid (for some reason) of losing his base, which - from my experience - isn't really the progressives. Hoosier Dems are more Evan Bayh than Di Fi.

1DOWN4UP

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 25, 2015
    North of 30
    I only met Joe one time when he first was running for the House.I asked him what kind of Democrat are you? He said "I am a Tim Roemer,Evan Bayh type of Democrat"which got him elected.He went from kind of middle of the road to spinning circles in a cornfield.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Dolvs-zXsAEkNGl.jpg:small

With apologies to GPIashvnueahfaninchhcnnn for the link-steal, but I want to use it more to focus on Donnelly than Kavanaugh.

In reflecting more about Donnelly's actions on this, it seems to me that he's going to be a casualty of the Dems' shift to the left. I don't think the Hoosier Democrat Party is pushing him to take these positions, but rather he feels vulnerable among the progressives. He needs the 3rd party money, and apparently to get it, he needs to throw the pitches they're calling. (Of course, there's no coordination among the different groups.)

It is disappointing that the campaign-fodder commercials about him being in league with the more left-leaning groups might be true, if only as a practical matter for purposes of this election.

spec4

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 19, 2010
    NWI
    Bottom line, his retaining his seat helps the Dems get the Senate. I don't think many on this forum want to see dirtbag Schumer running the Senate.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Saw a new commercial for Donnelly last night. It is one that... well... makes me think he's either surrounded by yes-men/women or there's a sleeper in his campaign that is laughing hysterically.

The commercial has him behind a pickup with the truck bed full of boxes. He's trying to hit the Braun-gets-stuff-from-China theme (which must be polling better than the Braun-is-a-bad-boss theme). But, he talks about either him and his brother inheriting his dad's business 20 years ago, but his brother runs it.

Wait. What?

So... what's he been doing instead?

And... that's supposed to connect with people? I know lots of successful people, but I can only think of 1 that inherited a successful business.

Maybe he's trying to depict himself as cut from the same cloth as Trump? That's a risky gambit!

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    Well he voted NO just now on the procedural vote to end debate. So if that's an indication of tomorrow he will be a no and I'll say for sure, congratulations to our New Senator Mike Braun

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Don voted against Kav, does that really change how people, here, we're going to vote regardless? If he had voted for, I would've liked to seen him primaried. So, I think he was playing to those who typically vote for him.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    Don voted against Kav, does that really change how people, here, we're going to vote regardless? If he had voted for, I would've liked to seen him primaried. So, I think he was playing to those who typically vote for him.

No, but he just motivated a bunch more people to make the trip to vote against him.

Dems **** the bed on this one, they should have stopped with spartacus.

red_zr24x4

UA#190
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Walkerton

I've voted for Joe in the past. Granted I was probably not going to vote for him this time, but this sealed it

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    I've voted for Joe in the past. Granted I was probably not going to vote for him this time, but this sealed it

I've never voted for him... but I am inclined to (and probably will) vote for him, and damn near every other Democrat, this go round.

NKBJ

at the ark
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2010
    When the commercial was trying to talk bad about Braun and said he sold things from China...
    I just about split my britches I laughed so hard. And the things Braun is being accused of in the workplace would get him some guvbumps in a heart beat.

Top Bottom