• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ViperJock

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Feb 28, 2011
    Fort Wayne-ish
    I called and told them not to attack Syria when it would be much easier to go after Chicago. You wouldn't even need to do surgical strikes, just carpet bomb it. Ok, I may have exaggerated a little... I never got through to Donnelly,left a msg. Coats at least had someone answering the phone.

CavMedic

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 20, 2012
    Plainfield
    sent my letters in...
    I am little uspset that you are unsure of how to vote regarding Syria. It seems simple enough to understand that the majority of your constituents and the American people do not want to get involved in another war/police action/limited engagement. As a Veteran of the Iraq War I am appalled that you are even considering allowing the United States to be the Air Force and heavy hitters for a group of people that are comprised of the VERY PEOPLE that we have spent the last decade fighting against and trying to dispose of. The thought that my brethren might be sent to fight along side the very same people that have been trying to kill us is sickening. Thank you for your time.

A former Medic of the United States Army.

(Thats right, I treated those injured/killed by the very people you are considering now HELPING)

ViperJock

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Feb 28, 2011
    Fort Wayne-ish
    sent my letters in...
    I am little uspset that you are unsure of how to vote regarding Syria. It seems simple enough to understand that the majority of your constituents and the American people do not want to get involved in another war/police action/limited engagement. As a Veteran of the Iraq War I am appalled that you are even considering allowing the United States to be the Air Force and heavy hitters for a group of people that are comprised of the VERY PEOPLE that we have spent the last decade fighting against and trying to dispose of. The thought that my brethren might be sent to fight along side the very same people that have been trying to kill us is sickening. Thank you for your time.

(Thats right, I treated those injured/killed by the very people you are considering now HELPING)

So, your elected official asks for your opinion on how you want him to proceed and you insult him. Good strategy. I'm sure responses like that will encourage him to ask again next time. Maybe you should add some psychology to your medical armament.

ViperJock

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Feb 28, 2011
    Fort Wayne-ish
    They don't really want your opinion, they just want to make it seem like they do

They do. They know if they ignore too many people they will lose their job. Look at Lugar. Also, it gives him solid footing from which to defend his "no" position. "My constituents don't want it." It makes good political sense.

Its funny because in another thread a Senator gets flamed for deliberately making up her OWN mind. Which do we want? apparently, neither.

DragonGunner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 14, 2010
    N. Central IN
    So, your elected official asks for your opinion on how you want him to proceed and you insult him. Good strategy. I'm sure responses like that will encourage him to ask again next time. Maybe you should add some psychology to your medical armament.

I don't see the insult and I doubt the Sen. will either, he asked what people thought. If he isn't mature enough then too bad. I rep. the Medic for a outsatnding post.

ViperJock

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Feb 28, 2011
    Fort Wayne-ish
    I don't see the insult and I doubt the Sen. will either, he asked what people thought. If he isn't mature enough then too bad. I rep. the Medic for a outsatnding post.

/facepalm. The letter is angry and belittling. This is not the way to win friends and influence people. Which is what we want to do. Well, if we want to be taken seriously, we do. This kind of thing is what "macho" guys pound each other on the back for "you sure told him." but nothing good ever comes of it. Somebody just feels better for ranting. If you want to talk with the grownups you need to talk like a grownup.

ViperJock

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Feb 28, 2011
    Fort Wayne-ish
    sent my letters in...

Insulting phrases
    "you are unsure of how to vote" doI really have to explain this?
    "It seems simple enough to understand" -says 'this is simple but you don't get it.'
    paraphrase the fact that you are considering this is "sickening" and appalling" --while it may be, that is antagonistic language.

I'm not arguing the relative truth of what Medic says, I'm telling you to learn how to talk to people so that they listen to you, unless you just want to rant,in which case....

CavMedic

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 20, 2012
    Plainfield
    For someone that has been in that part of the world and seen first hand the things that happen (take for example people being murdered by Al Qaeda backed groups because 2 days before we came through on a Medical Mission and gave vaccines and well child checks to the villagers) I can use words like appalling and sickening. I am not a person that uses nice words so as not hurt someones feelings. Never have and never will be. I am not here to win "friends". He asked for our input and feelings on the subject. I gave him that. Not an abridged version that panders to his ego. He and you can take it or leave it.

Viper, if you would like to post your letter that you sent I would be more than happy to read it.

mbills2223

Eternal Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Indy
    I don't care about your support. I gave you the google listing. The contact info was at the top of the page.

So, your motive was to elicit a larger group of lazy, lethargic INGO users?

I think almost everyone else knows how to use Google.

why are you getting so worked up about it? If we Googled everything that could be googled, there wouldn't be much point in a forum. Don't be a jerk.

ViperJock

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Feb 28, 2011
    Fort Wayne-ish
    For someone that has been in that part of the world and seen first hand the things that happen (take for example people being murdered by Al Qaeda backed groups because 2 days before we came through on a Medical Mission and gave vaccines and well child checks to the villagers) I can use words like appalling and sickening. I am not a person that uses nice words so as not hurt someones feelings. Never have and never will be. I am not here to win "friends". He asked for our input and feelings on the subject. I gave him that. Not an abridged version that panders to his ego. He and you can take it or leave it.

Viper, if you would like to post your letter that you sent I would be more than happy to read it.

i called. It's not about what you have the right to do. Or even what is right. It's about talking to people in a way to make your point without annoying them. Then they will actually listen to what you say. Coats is looking for a reason and/or local support to vote "no" there is no reason to come down on him. Just tell him you think it would be wrong to involve ourselves in Syria and you would appreciate it if he would vote "no." Simple. To the point. Effective.

CavMedic

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 20, 2012
    Plainfield
    Sure a simple "vote no" gets the point across. But if someone is able to give relative experience along with that, then that often drives home the point the much more.
    The good thing is that we agree that moving into Syria is a horrible idea. At least the only thing we have to "argue" about is the way we say "no" to those in charge.

Top Bottom