• ...and so much more!
  • model67a

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 7, 2009
    jasper
    emails

You can bet all of the politicians have at least one of the staffers monitoring the emails they receive to judge what position they have to take to get the most votes. If you would say something like " if you are going to do what we elcted you to do" or something pertaining to votes that is the fastest way to get their attention. We need to remind them that they work for us and they can be replaced no matter how comfortable they have become in their position. stay safe

Glockster

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 8, 2009
    Indianapolis
    LOL, there is a letter to the editor in the Indy Star this morning from a reader who is begging the Demos to nominate a "progressive" candidate to run against Bayh in the primary because he is too conservative.

Wow! What is this guy smokin'? That's what I meant about the Trojan Horse comment. Same as BHO. They sweet talk the public into believing they are "nice guys" so that their policy positions don't get examined. No one be fooled: Bayh is very liberal.

Glockster

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 8, 2009
    Indianapolis
    We had a chance to vote Lugar out of office last time. How many of you voted for Steve Osborn ? I'll guess not too many, because he only got something like 3%

Why the hell would we vote Lugar out of office when we have a bozo like Bayh in there? Next time Lugar is up I hope he will retire in favor of a more conservative candidate.

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    We had a chance to vote Lugar out of office last time. How many of you voted for Steve Osborn ? I'll guess not too many, because he only got something like 3%

Count me as one of 3%.

I knew Osborn didn't stand a chance in hell of beating Lugar, but I just could not contribute to putting that sack of RINO sh!t back in office.

Pity, too. Osborn had some good ideas-we just never heard them unless we sought them out.

Blessings,
    Bill

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    Why the hell would we vote Lugar out of office when we have a bozo like Bayh in there? Next time Lugar is up I hope he will retire in favor of a more conservative candidate.

Bayh's term is up in 2010. Lugar's is in 2012.

Why vote Lugar out? Mainly because Lugar doesn't have a Conservative thought, let alone bone in his body. He has an R after his name, but in power, he's the epitome of "I didn't leave the Republican Party, the Republican Party left me."

Blessings,
    Bill

GIJEW

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    I recall that bayh voted against that bill prohibiting political lawsuits against gun manufacturers. I think obeyme also parroted a similar line canned crap before the election too. Regarding the "reasonable-ness" of gun laws "it all depends on what the meaning of is, is".

tskin

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2008
    West Central Indiana
    I also go the canned response from Bayh based on 2 issues I wrote him about. Here's my response to his canned response.

Senator Bayh, I sent you a message the other day regarding two 2nd Amendment bills under proposal. The first is H.R. 17: Citizen's Self-Defense Act of 2009 which I would like for you to support. The 2nd issue was Bobby Rush's H.R. 45: Blair Holt's Firearm Licensing Act, which I would like for you to oppose. In your response you mentioned that throughout your public life you have "opposed legislation that fails to appropriately balance the need to maintain a safe society with the ability of law-abiding Americans to own and use firearms responsibly." I want to make my point very clear to you - the 2nd Amendment is not about balancing anything. It is a God given right of all Americans to defend themselves in any method necessary to protect themselves and their families - including the use of firearms. You also mentioned you oppose efforts to impose "burdensome" regulations on gun owners. All "regulations" are burdensome sir. I would like to re-iterate that I will you hold you personally accountable for all of your votes on this issue. It is time that the American people are given back their rights which are guaranteed to them in the United States Constitution. An armed society is a civil society!!! Thank you for your attention to these issues.
    Sincerely,
    Signature & city

Glockster

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 8, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I said it in another thread, and it's appropriate here. Mike Pence needs to be gunning for Lugar's job, or Bayh's.

Pence to too nice. He was taken apart by Barney Frank on one of the Sunday morning shows a couple of weeks ago. He may think right but he cannot defend his positions in a debate. He has no future on the national stage.

VN Vet

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 26, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Our people in Washington need to tell us why the Laws already on the books don't work and why we need more Laws. I know it gives those yea-whos something to do but all they do is waste our tax money that pays their unearned salaries.

We need our people to act on the Laws already on the books. We do not need more. Inforce the ones we already have.

finity

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 29, 2008
    Auburn
    I don't really care about their personal feelings. They were elected to represent us and if the majority of us have an opinion different than they do personnally if they are truly doing what they were elected to do they will represent us and vote the opposite of how they feel themselves. Unfortunately that very seldom happens. But if enough of us let them know that they can be replaced the next election that will get their attention. You may think that your corresppondence with them does no good, but you can bet they have some of their staff keeping track of what the email sentiment is so that they can get all the votes next election so your emails are doing good. If you want to really maximize it's impact put in the letter something refering to them representing us and the election coming up. I have never seen a politician that didn't pay attention if a vote was involved. stay safe

:+1:

Good post. repped.

finity

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 29, 2008
    Auburn
    This is total B.S. It is becoming very clear that the Democraptic party is bent on disarming the very people that will stand up against them when we have finally had enough of the crap that has been going on as of late in Washington. The people of this country that stand behind them will undoubtedly be the ones who want us to go out and kill them something to eat when the economy collapses and groceries become a luxury that only their left wing buddies at AIG and the like can afford. It may be too late to save the last election but bet your ass come election time in 4 years we had better show these baffoons that the American people are not going to sit by and watch this country get flushed down the toilet.:ranton:

I think you eed to look at a few of the other threads in this section where it seems pretty clear that the Democratic party is moving closer to our position & are saying no to another AWB or other gun legislation. Not all of them I realize but then again not all Republicans are really pro-2A either.

Regarding the next election:

Why do you think the election results were what they were? The American people got tired of seeing the country get flushed down the toilet so they figured they try something else for a while. Whether you like it or not "the American people" include Democrats. liberals & moderates.

suby

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 2, 2009
    Greenwood
    I received the same canned response as everyone else it seems. It would be interesting to see some numbers from his office regarding how many emails/letters they receive regarding each issue. That doesn't sound like public information though.

Top Bottom