• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Duckman321

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 3, 2013
    Dyer
    Ok I'd be the friend! I'm looking At a Benelli M2 and a Remington versa max as of right now! Not sure if inertia driven system is better than gas? I still have research to do! What do you think about the M2 and versa max?

cyprant

Master
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Dec 13, 2011
    North Georgia
    IMHO Inertia is easier to clean and more reliable but recoil not as soft as gas. Gas is a pain to clean and seems to fail when the chips are down...

Please do your wallet a favor and look into the Franchi Affinity. Its made in the same factory in Italy that makes the M2.

FishnHunt

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 18, 2013
    Churubusco
    Ok I'd be the friend! I'm looking At a Benelli M2 and a Remington versa max as of right now! Not sure if inertia driven system is better than gas? I still have research to do! What do you think about the M2 and versa max?
    FYI, M2 is a 3" chamber, Versa Max is 3 1/2". Not sure how important that is to you. Both guns should work just fine, the newer gas systems are much better that they used to be as I understand it. Make sure you handle them before you buy, might make the difference between the two. Good luck with your search!

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    I killed many dozens of geese with my 2 3/4 inch Rem 1100 until someone finally educated me that I needed something bigger... I haven't killed nearly as many with my BPS 3 1/2 inch, but at least I am properly equipped now.

illini40

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 28, 2010

For a semi-auto waterfowl gun, I think there are three key questions to ask yourself:

1) what is your budget?
    2) do you need 3.5" chamber or are you OK with 3" chamber?
    3) do you care about finish / camo?

I hunt with a Remington 11-87. I would love to upgrade to a VersaMax, but do not see a major advantage over my current 11-87 to justify the cost. I'm comfortable with only shooting 3" loads.

bigjross2002

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 14, 2011
    I would personally get the Benelli M2 or SBE I or II. Both of my guns will cycle the lightest skeet loads just fine without a hitch. I have taken my M2 on about 4 snow goose hunts and numerous duck seasons (I hunt about 3-4 times a week). These guns are extremely easy to clean, light weight and very pointable. In the unlikely event you take a spill in the water you can simply open the action and dump the water out and it is still useable for the hunt. With a gas gun you need to take it apart and make sure there is no gas in the system. Unfortunately my M2 is about to be replaced by a Supersport...

I have seen some really good Berettas out there too, I am just a bought and sold Benelli guy myself.

Gas guns shoot softer, but in heavy hunting clothing you never notice the difference in the field shooting at game.

I also tend to agree that 3.5 inch loads offer little advantage and up the cost and recoil.

nkhrfh

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Feb 21, 2012
    I looked at the new A5 being a fan of them. Felt good, but not any better than the Beretta Outlander. Also wanted a gas driven system to reduce the recoil. New A5 is still recoil operated.

Duckman321

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 3, 2013
    Dyer
    Limit is around 1500! I like how the A5 has the "hump" that makes it for easy sighting for quick drawls on ducks dove and pheasant

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Michael.
    Top Bottom