• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bluedragon

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Apr 17, 2008
    Muncie
    Gotta question that might sound kinda stupid about bore snakes, I have a 30 cal snake that I have used to clean 30 30's, AK's, and Mosin's. With the Mosin it gets kinda messy because I shoot surplus corrosive ammo and was wondering if it's safe to clean the other rifles with the snake without washing it off after using it clean a barrel that's been exposed to corrosive powder. I haven't used it to clean other rifles since the Mosin so I am kinda curious if the corrosive powder left on bore snake from the Mosin's barrel were to get in another rifle's barrel from the bore snake can it cause the same effect of rust and corrosion? Or should I just wash the snake off with soap and water before using it to clean a rifle's barrel that was fired with non corrosive ammo?

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    As above. You are dealing with corrosive residue, not hexes and curses. They wash. :):

(Well, not sure. You might have a hex-receiver Mosin :D )

Bluedragon

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Apr 17, 2008
    Muncie
    Yeah I went ahead and let it sit in a boiling hot cup of water mixed with some dish washing soap. Then I let it soak in plain hot water before drying it off. Hopefully I'll be good to go when it's clean up time. :D

Top Bottom